D&D 5E So this is how D&D 5e dies, a beautiful start only to die in disgrace because of mismanagement. RIP 5e

Parmandur

Book-Friend
D&D is dead. It's probably been dead a couple years into 5e, and we just didn't notice.
I guess I don't care what WotC does anymore. They're no longer worth my time, money, attention, or imagination.
They're a mega billion dollar business bereft of all creativity and respect for their fans.

Did you think they respected you 5, 10, or 20 years ago, theybtheybwerr part of a billion dollar business and did queationabke things all the time...?

Wait and see perhaps da?
I mean, they've had three attempts now, but they're just profoundly "not getting it", so what are we supposed to expecting?

What I actually expect is later this week we get yet another OGL, and it's got the same huge problems with non-opt-in deauthorization - i.e. claiming you can never make an OGL 1.0a product again and the complete removal of the concept of OGC, meaning nothing can ever be shared again. Problems that literally mean it's not an OGL, so add that name the pile of lies.

Did you think they respected you 5, 10, or 20 years ago, theybtheybwerr part of a billion dollar business and did queationabke things all the time...?
WotC wasn't themselves a "billion dollar business" until less than 5 years ago so that's nonsensical.

And I honestly don't remember WotC doing anything ethically "questionable" in 3.XE.

The GSL was the first time I had cause to question the ethics of WotC re: D&D.

5E was so well-behaved ethics-wise, until recently, that I had quite forgotten about that.

Also this argument is hilarious - "You didn't leave the when Bobby took a crap in your living room, you didn't leave when Bobby took a piss on your curtains, you didn't leave when Bobby threw up on your cat, but you're leaving now he punched you in the face?!?!?". Like, do you not see that, at best, you're making the company look like crap and just suggesting we should all accept bad behaviour because we did before? That's bananas space moon logic.

Remove ads