D&D 5E So this is how D&D 5e dies, a beautiful start only to die in disgrace because of mismanagement. RIP 5e

An interesting viewpoint.

As a d100 user, I am hoping that WotC's actions push a lot of small-time publishers into either innovation in new systems, or to supporting d100 systems.

The impact on d20 gaming does not concern me. The impact on the gaming community as a whole will, IMO, be minimal either way, although if WotC pushes D&D into a more digital model, that will undoubtedly benefit me as an online gamer.

As to the number of people of people yelling, I am dubious. While this site has a good number up in arms, even if none are just engaging in drama for the sake of drama, that isn't a large number in terms of WotC's fan base. I am certain that if this turns into a protracted struggle, the deeper pockets will prevail, and most people will lose interest.
There are large numbers yelling on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube as well. Even accounting for the filters that reinforce whatever you click on.

I'll take "Successful Arguments Against Capitalism" for $1,000, Alex. :D
pexels-photo-931317.jpeg

There are large numbers yelling on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube as well. Even accounting for the filters that reinforce whatever you click on.
OK. I don't spend a lot of time on social media, but when I do get on it, I see a lot of shouting about things that people have been shouting about for many years. This causes me to wonder just how much actual impact it will have.

Time will tell, I suppose.

Zardnaar

Legend
OK. I don't spend a lot of time on social media, but when I do get on it, I see a lot of shouting about things that people have been shouting about for many years. This causes me to wonder just how much actual impact it will have.

Time will tell, I suppose.

Well when 4E had the reactuon it had social media as we know it was in its infancy

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Why I hate sales. I could never be that guy.

I hate that sort of sales too, and I'm technically a sales man, in that I own a comic and game store. I have a very simple formula (that works! I've been in business 29 years, own my own home, and support a family of four on my income):

1) Get customers the thing they want.
2) Sell it to them at a fair markup.
3) Repeat.

The reverse is important, too: Don't get them the things they don't want. (This is my rule for inventory management).

Any other style of sales is loathsome, IMO.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases