So, Wandavision?

It is supposed to be nine episodes, with the first 6 each a different sitcom theme, from the 50's to the 00's. Maybe episode 7 will be themed for the 2010's or the final three episodes will be actual action and the reveal of what S.W.O.R.D. is doing. The "commercial" in the 2nd episode was Hydra-related, so there is that too. So while Hydra was, maybe, purged from S.H.I.E.L.D., perhaps they are still secretly within SWORD, which is the space-based version of SHIELD and protects against extraterrestrial threats, and they have somehow captured Wanda and are trying to get secrets out of her or figure out a way to control/brainwash her to their side.

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
I'm pretty intrigued by it so far. I have also been enjoying the critiques/send off of American pop culture, but I'm a general pop culture nerd.

Mallus

Legend
It’s fantastic, but who is this for?

I’m mean, it‘s for me, but I’m old enough to remember Bewitched, I Love Lucy, My Favorite Martian, et al and the timeless limbo of 1970s syndicated TV. And Grant Morrison’s “The Gospel According to Crafty” is one of my favorite comic book issues.

I’m really curious to see who this works for.

hawkeyefan

Legend
I was both intrigued and annoyed by the show. There’s some interesting stuff going on. The zany sitcom antics are funny, but I feel like they take up too much of the show. It’s hard to say, but the little glimpses of whatever’s actually going on have been almost too scant.

But, I think I’m more intrigued than annoyed because I’ll check out the next episode for sure.

The wife enjoyed it, and she has only seen a few of the movies. I enjoyed it but the 2nd one less than the first. If it's just 97% sit com parody and only 3% avengers stuff it may wear thin. The episodes are short so it may just hold up.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
It was fun, I had no idea what was happening most of the time in regard to why they are in the show, I read a while back it was happening in between civil war and end game (or was it infinity war) but haven't figured out how it relates. At least one supervillain name was dropped but I'm not sure if it's related or if they are just a name drop.

Dire Bare

Legend
Really enjoyed the first two episodes quite a bit! The parody/homage to classic sitcoms is spot on, and the "zany antics" actually work pretty well within the sitcom aesthetic . . . then add in the weirdness and creepiness of the "glitches" Wanda experiences.

I loved seeing Debra Jo Rupp as Mrs. Hart (the wife of Vision's boss), who is probably best known as the sitcom wife from That 70's Show. Also, Kathryn Hahn is always fun (Agnes, Wanda's neighbor and "best friend"), and I squealed a little bit when I finally recognized who was playing Dottie (the mean neighborhood wife), Emma Caulfield (Anya, from Buffy the Vampire Slayer)! Also, as I was double-checking names I realized . . . don't visit the IMDB page unless you want some spoilers! There are some character names recognizable from the Marvel Universe!

Will I be able to enjoy this without having seen all the Avengers movies and such?
Yikes. Well that explains my disconnect. I’ve never seen the latter and never even heard of the former. I might struggle with this series.

Don't worry about it! The references to the deeper Marvel Universe are about as necessary to understand as they have been in all of the movies. Knowing that the symbol is for the organization S.W.O.R.D. isn't important in understanding and enjoying the show, at this point it's just "obvious creepy organization symbol that means something" . . . if S.W.O.R.D. later becomes important to the plot, they'll explain it. At this point it's basically an easter egg for comics fans. And there were more easter eggs, caught some of them, but I'm sure I missed more . . .

An important plot point regarding Vision from Avengers: Infinity War, which is spoiled in the trailers for WandaVision, is that Vision is dead!

Remove ads