So, Wandavision?

MarkB

Legend
Thinking about Mutants, and with there already being speculation that the show may be used to bring them into the MCU, I wonder about the whole thing about peoples' cells being changed when they go through the Hex barrier. There's already a strong suggestion of Monica maybe getting superpowers due to multiple exposures, but what about even single exposures?

Maybe the Hex will wind up sweeping out across the country, even the world, before all of this wraps up, affecting some people more than others, and that's going to be the explanation for the introduction of mutant abilities.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Not at the time of WandaVision. Remember that the MCU is still ahead of real time because of the Snap/Blip. It is currently 2023 in the MCU, so Ellis has been out of office at this point for several years. While exact dates are hard to pin down, he was either President in place of Obama from 2009-2016 or Obama only had one term and was defeated by Ellis in 2012 and Ellis was then President from 2013-2020. Either way, he is out and we do not know who was elected in 2020 and is the MCU President in 2023.
Yeah Ellis came after Obama in the MCU.
Still having a street named after a past President still fits, and as an easter egg links to his role in both the Sokovia Accords and the containment of Inhuman threats (ATCU).
Hmmm I wonder if SWORD developed out of the ATCU over the 5 years of the Snappening- or more likely that ATCU being a creation of Agents of SHEILD is being ignored and its functions passed to SWORD

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Yeah, I think us comic book nerds are being trolled a bit by the writers. Which I'm fine with because it keeps us guessing and seems good-natured.
Yeah. I was ready to write off that theory until she started cackling like a witch before Vision restored Wanda's control.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Yeah, I’m confused about Agnes. It does appear she’s under Wanda’s control and yet she also seems to know what’s going on.

It also seems maybe Herb does too.

And Pietro, if it really is him, definitely knows what’s going on.

So what about that terrifying ad? It was oh so very 90s claymation but I don’t get the reference. Is it just “yo-magic” as in “your magic” and is implying that Wanda’s magic is killing everyone?
I have two theories about Pietro.

First theory is that he's her subconscious come to voice all of her hidden worries about what she is doing.

Second theory is that since the head of SWORD can see inside the town, and we know he has "something big" going on, maybe he's found a way to insert a fake Pietro to gather intel. In this last episode, Pietro was really intent on finding out from Wanda how she is doing what she is doing.

MarkB

Legend
So, something I haven't seen much focus on in the thread so far is the revelation that Wanda is not Hayward's primary target. He found a way to see inside the Hex, but he isn't tracking her - he's tracking Vision. Obviously this ties into theories that SWORD were using Vision's corpse to develop something new and nasty, and that they want their 'primary asset' back.

But beyond that, I wonder if Vision is Hayward's means of seeing inside the Hex. Maybe Vision is transmitting data without even being aware of it, as a result of whatever they were doing to him at SWORD.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Not at the time of WandaVision. Remember that the MCU is still ahead of real time because of the Snap/Blip. It is currently 2023 in the MCU, so Ellis has been out of office at this point for several years. While exact dates are hard to pin down, he was either President in place of Obama from 2009-2016 or Obama only had one term and was defeated by Ellis in 2012 and Ellis was then President from 2013-2020. Either way, he is out and we do not know who was elected in 2020 and is the MCU President in 2023.
I imagine a President getting snapped is not something they considered in the 22nd Amendment. :)

MarkB

Legend
I imagine a President getting snapped is not something they considered in the 22nd Amendment. :)
Which is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the Snap. Half the world's population was declared legally dead. What was their status when they turned up again after the Blip? Ownership, marital status, legal responsibilities, temporal age versus physical age - all a huge, unprecedented mess.

When he was President also makes a difference in this. The only thing we know for sure, because of solid dates, is that Ellis was President from 2013-2016, instead of Obama. There may be some references that put him as President for all of Obama's 8 years, but there are also references from the TV shows about the Obama Presidency. Some of the TV shows had veiled references to Trump and MAGA, since they were more topical and closer to real life. But Marvel has said that, despite some connections between previous TV shows and the movies, they are not all part of a shared universe, only with the Disney+ shows will they be interconnected. So we have to go only with the movie references to the President. So if Ellis was the fictional President for Obama's years, the Snap would not matter with him, but if he were President from 2013-2020, then maybe it would. But you would think between all the movies and other sources out there, that who was elected MCU President in 2016 would be known. Now we just need to bug Marvel about who it was and if he (or she) got Snapped or not. lol

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Which is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the Snap. Half the world's population was declared legally dead. What was their status when they turned up again after the Blip? Ownership, marital status, legal responsibilities, temporal age versus physical age - all a huge, unprecedented mess.
Oh, absolutely. I’d love to see a show explore the first year or two after the Blip, even with no superheroes.

Oh, absolutely. I’d love to see a show explore the first year or two after the Blip, even with no superheroes.
It's nothing to do with the Marvel universe, but there was a show called 'The Leftovers' which is roughly this.
I've still never seen the final 3rd season, but the first two were very good.

Remove ads