So, Wandavision?

DammitVictor

Trust the Fungus
Supporter
You know, all this talk of Sentinels and the Weapon X program and the Sokovian Accords reminds me of the time, when I was much younger, that I swore an oath that I would uphold, defend, and obey the legitimate authorities of the Realm.

It was a damned foolish oath, and I'm blessed by the fact that I've still never encountered one.

MarkB

Legend
I’m wondering if the surfer dude shark in the Yo-Magic commercial had any connection to “dude bro” Pietro.

If so that might lend some credence to the theory that Pietro’s not actually Wanda’s brother.
I did briefly try to work out a potential connection to the Silver Surfer, but that seemed thin - there's really nothing else there apart from "hey, surfboard".

pukunui

Legend
I did briefly try to work out a potential connection to the Silver Surfer, but that seemed thin - there's really nothing else there apart from "hey, surfboard".
I mean, I wonder if the shark is meant to be representing Pietro (or whoever he really is), since they've both got that whole "dude bro" schtick. If Pietro is actually Mephistopheles, as others have suggested, then maybe he's the "shark" feeding on Wanda's magic or whatever the ad is trying to imply.

I’m wondering if the surfer dude shark in the Yo-Magic commercial had any connection to “dude bro” Pietro.

If so that might lend some credence to the theory that Pietro’s not actually Wanda’s brother.

Well, it is a play on the Yoplait yogurt brand and all their kid-oriented yogurt snacks. As for the shark, I swear I can remember an old series of commercials that used one, but I cannot remember the product it advertised. Or it could just be related to the Street Sharks toys and cartoons of the 90's.

pukunui

Legend
Well, it is a play on the Yoplait yogurt brand and all their kid-oriented yogurt snacks. As for the shark, I swear I can remember an old series of commercials that used one, but I cannot remember the product it advertised. Or it could just be related to the Street Sharks toys and cartoons of the 90's.
Oh, I am sure there are multiple references. And yes, the whole claymation thing took me back to the 90s big time.

This one just seems a lot less obvious in terms of what it's referencing in-universe. It seems to be less a reference to one of Wanda's trauma points and more a reference to something else ... but what? Hence my wondering if maybe we're supposed to question if Pietro is some kind of "shark" who has come to feed on Wanda's energy.

And do we think that when Wanda sees Vision and Pietro as corpses that it's just her mind playing tricks on her? Or is that what they actually look like and the alive version is just an illusion?

embee

Lawyer by day. Rules lawyer by night.
Oh, I am sure there are multiple references. And yes, the whole claymation thing took me back to the 90s big time.

This one just seems a lot less obvious in terms of what it's referencing in-universe. It seems to be less a reference to one of Wanda's trauma points and more a reference to something else ... but what? Hence my wondering if maybe we're supposed to question if Pietro is some kind of "shark" who has come to feed on Wanda's energy.

And do we think that when Wanda sees Vision and Pietro as corpses that it's just her mind playing tricks on her? Or is that what they actually look like and the alive version is just an illusion?
It's her mind playing tricks.

Dead Pietro looked like Evan Peter, not Aaron Taylor-Johnson.

I think if Vision was actually a walking corpse, his little trip outside the anomaly would have revealed that. Instead, he just started falling apart. Still, the previous episode did show Wanda breaking into SWORD to retrieve Vision. So I'm still fuzzy on the details.

I wonder what effect the anomaly will have on Darcy. Will she seemlessly be adopted into the sitcom story? Will she still be handcuffed to a car?

Remove ads