So, Wandavision?

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
So, WandaVision is currently the most popular tv series in the world.

"Parrot Analytics, an audience attention measurement system which analyzes social media, fan ratings, and piracy information as indicators of audience demand, says the show moved to the top of its series being watched worldwide as of the fifth episode."

(From this article in Forbes.)
62BF5F39-4C6A-4C33-9765-885C3CB85A77.jpeg

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Just recalling too that it still hasnt been identified who Jimmy Woos ‘secret witness’ was - maybe Agnes is the witness and she was trying to reach Jimmy while Wanda was distracted by nu-Pietro.
I seem to remember Jimmy referring to his witness as "him", which would (likely) preclude Agnes.

Can someone double check me if that's correct?

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
That's pretty cool. If they can keep to that with Falcon and Winter Soldier, and Loki, they may have something.

I dunno, I am significantly less interested in Falcon and Winter Soldier than either WandaVision or Loki
Of the series known to be in the works, F&WS, Hawkeye, and Secret Invasion look like they'll be the ones most in the vein of the MCU as we know it thus far, i.e. continuing the story of the Avengers and Civil War movies and characters. Other planned series might play into that as well, of course.

Loki might play into the WandaVision and Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness thread.

Ms Marvel and She-Hulk will probably play into that Avengers stuff, too, but they'll be introducing new major-ish characters, too, so the dynamics might be fairly different.

Moon Knight will, I hope, be very different! :cool:

Last edited:

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
I just want to be saved from more origin stories. If they can keep doing stealth-origins like they appear to be doing with Nebula in WandaVision or just skip the dumb thing altogether a la the new Spider-man I'll be happy

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I just want to be saved from more origin stories. If they can keep doing stealth-origins like they appear to be doing with Nebula in WandaVision or just skip the dumb thing altogether a la the new Spider-man I'll be happy
I agree. I kinda hope that when they do Fantastic Four they just start with "That mission went wrong and we got powers!" instead of dragging it out. That's been done. To Death.

My favourite Superman Origin in the comics was in All-Star Superman. One Page. Something like four panels, that said something along the lines of "Dying Planet." (Showed Krypton); "Last Hope" (Parents putting baby into a rocket); "New Home" (rocket heading for earth); "Kindly Couple" (Ma and Pa pulling him out of crashed rocket; next page... "Superman!" Done. Short and Sweet, and who doesn't know it anyway?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I agree. I kinda hope that when they do Fantastic Four they just start with "That mission went wrong and we got powers!" instead of dragging it out. That's been done. To Death.

My favourite Superman Origin in the comics was in All-Star Superman. One Page. Something like four panels, that said something along the lines of "Dying Planet." (Showed Krypton); "Last Hope" (Parents putting baby into a rocket); "New Home" (rocket heading for earth); "Kindly Couple" (Ma and Pa pulling him out of crashed rocket; next page... "Superman!" Done. Short and Sweet, and who doesn't know it anyway?
The kid for whom this is their first Superman. I agree that origin stories get tiresome as you get older, because you keep seeing them, but for every movie there's a generation for whom that's their first. While you can do it too often, once every 10 years or so seems OK to me.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
I can't think about an MCU FF movie without getting giddy. I imagine an FF movie opening in media res, with them all on a ship that's tearing through a collapsing wormhole while it's being attacked by Negative Zone hordes, and each of the FF is doing their character-defining schtick.

That said, I'd be okay if they retold the origin relatively chronologically, as long as the whole thing is working at the level of the MCU's better films.

Basically, I trust them to do it well.

Remove ads