So, Wandavision?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Basically, I trust them to do it well.

They have done a really good job overall of finding writers and directors who understand what they are working with, and have done some great casting, too.

The FF are hard to get right, because of that family dynamic that other teams don't really have. I wish them luck, because getting it right would be awesome.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
Marvel Studios seems to just not attempt a new project until they feel they've got the "right" take on it. They have their list of priorities, a basic sense (or more) of what it should feel like, and then hunt around for directors and/or stars to get them off the ground. Something like that.

One thing with the FF is there's at least a couple options for how they can configure things, i.e. with or without kids, which then has lots of implications in terms of casting and characterization.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
They have done a really good job overall of finding writers and directors who understand what they are working with, and have done some great casting, too.

The FF are hard to get right, because of that family dynamic that other teams don't really have. I wish them luck, because getting it right would be awesome.
I still think the whole Battle of New York scene remains a masterclass in using action to convey character personality and group dynamic. so if they can keep that up it bodes well for future movies - albeit none of the subsequent movies have managed to be as good. Maybe get the Russos in to advise on FF?

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
I still think the whole Battle of New York scene remains a masterclass in using action to convey character personality and group dynamic. so if they can keep that up it bodes well for future movies - albeit none of the subsequent movies have managed to be as good. Maybe get the Russos in to advise on FF?
I'm not crazy about Jon Watts as the director of an FF movie, but I'm hoping I'm just uninformed. His two Spider-man movies are good to great, and I guess they have a gee-whiz fun to them that might serve the FF well. I just don't think of those movies and say "that guy needs to direct the FF movie!", but I might be focusing too much on the cosmic sci-fi aspects too much. His character work in those Spider-man movies is very good, I think.

Back on topic: I hear the upcoming WandaVision episodes are more like an hour long, which is going to make my Friday night schedule very tight! Between getting home from work, eating dinner with the wife and kids while we watch the latest episode, and then getting to my weekly D&D game, it's a carefully-structured evening! But I ain't complainin', cuz it's all good!

Last edited:

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Herb and Agnes-they make comments to Wanda and clearly have some sort of freewill at times. My theory is they are not human but either robots or minor demons

Does Wanda have mind control powers in the comics? I thought she had powerful magic but not in control?
I think they’re magic users from the comics, who each went to the town when stuff first got weird, out of curiosity or a desire to harness whatever power was being revealed or whatever, and got trapped.

Somebody had to have kicked this whole thing off, and it doesn't seem to be Wanda

All clues do seem to point that way, including Wanda's own words. I am inclined to believe her when she says she has no idea how all of this started. SWORD is now clearly super shady, but are they also responsible for starting it (it doesn't seem so) and if not, who is? Is the one responsible a character we've already met? Or is someone new still to be revealed?

What did Agnes mean when she said "All is lost"? This seems to suggest she may have been trying to accomplish something we don't know about yet, but failed to do so.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases