So, Wandavision?

MarkB

Legend
All clues do seem to point that way, including Wanda's own words. I am inclined to believe her when she says she has no idea how all of this started. SWORD is now clearly super shady, but are they also responsible for starting it (it doesn't seem so) and if not, who is? Is the one responsible a character we've already met? Or is someone new still to be revealed?

What did Agnes mean when she said "All is lost"? This seems to suggest she may have been trying to accomplish something we don't know about yet, but failed to do so.
So, one thing I wonder about: SWORD isn't exactly a well-known agency (unless they became so during the five years of the Blip), and yet it seems as though Agent Woo reached out to them for assistance rather than vice versa. Which would make it a pretty huge coincidence that he just happened to have stumbled onto their missing science project and its kidnapper.

It's going to be very interesting learning more about the inciting incident as and when they reveal it.

So, one thing I wonder about: SWORD isn't exactly a well-known agency (unless they became so during the five years of the Blip), and yet it seems as though Agent Woo reached out to them for assistance rather than vice versa. Which would make it a pretty huge coincidence that he just happened to have stumbled onto their missing science project and its kidnapper.

Well, Woo was already familiar with SHIELD, right? So it is possible that since SWORD is a branch of SHIELD, they simply directed him to their new department.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
So, one thing I wonder about: SWORD isn't exactly a well-known agency (unless they became so during the five years of the Blip), and yet it seems as though Agent Woo reached out to them for assistance rather than vice versa.

IIRC, Woo used to be a SHIELD agent. He moved to the FBI after SHIELD folded. It would be sensible that he'd stay on top of things enough to call SWORD when he got something really weird.

Which would make it a pretty huge coincidence that he just happened to have stumbled onto their missing science project and its kidnapper.

Yeah. I doubt it was SWORD. I don't think it was Wanda - it seems more like she's co-opted what's there. Maybe Agnes/Agatha and her coven? Or, at this point, I am open to the idea that it is someone we haven't met yet, so for me Mephisto is back on the table.

It's going to be very interesting learning more about the inciting incident as and when they reveal it.

I am not entirely sure we are going to get that information in the series. It might be a thing for Multiverse of Madness.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow

Jimmy Woo use to work for SHIELD, he’s got contacts - so when he came across a disappeared town, he calls his contacts and they contact SWORD due to potential interest.
All clues do seem to point that way, including Wanda's own words. I am inclined to believe her when she says she has no idea how all of this started. SWORD is now clearly super shady, but are they also responsible for starting it (it doesn't seem so) and if not, who is? Is the one responsible a character we've already met? Or is someone new still to be revealed?

What did Agnes mean when she said "All is lost"? This seems to suggest she may have been trying to accomplish something we don't know about yet, but failed to do so.

I still think Wanda is the cause and her not knowing it just points to her trauma. There may be others who got involved (eg Agnes and Hetb) and she may have even opened her world up to the multiverse

The lavender scene in particular points to Agnes attempting to protect the towns folk from ‘evil’ spirits (from the multiverse?).
Of course we still dont know who ‘husband Ralph’ is - that reveal might be critical (or not)

Dire Bare

Legend
Actually, I’ve been thinking about a similar idea. While I’m still not ready to rule out the possibility that Pietro is a minion of or is some malevolent third party*, I’m beginning to wonder if he’s a Life Decoy Model sent in by Hayward, made using knowledge gained from years of studying Vision’s corpse.

* It’s clear that something’s up with this Pietro. Not only does he have all kinds of information beyond the scope of his experiences – about the Hex and the outside – his entire personality is different from the Pietro who convinced Wanda to join the good guys in Age of Ultron. This guy doesn’t appeal to anybody’s better nature.
Peter is an LMD of Pietro . . . and doesn't look anything like Pietro? And Wanda just accepts this different LMD Peter with a small frown of confusion? If you're gonna go through the hassle of making a Life Model Decoy . . . your decoy should look at least a little bit like the person you are replacing.

Nah, this IS Peter/Pietro/Quicksilver . . . . but obviously not quite the same Pietro from Age of Ultron. Hopefully things will become more clear before the series ends.

Rune

Once A Fool
Peter is an LMD of Pietro . . . and doesn't look anything like Pietro? And Wanda just accepts this different LMD Peter with a small frown of confusion? If you're gonna go through the hassle of making a Life Model Decoy . . . your decoy should look at least a little bit like the person you are replacing.

Nah, this IS Peter/Pietro/Quicksilver . . . . but obviously not quite the same Pietro from Age of Ultron. Hopefully things will become more clear before the series ends.
My assumption is that if he is an LMD, Wanda’s hex/sub-conscience recognized the threat and altered the appearance ti clue her in. Or Hayward just doesn’t have good enough images of Pietro to know exactly what he looked like.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
My assumption is that if he is an LMD, Wanda’s hex/sub-conscience recognized the threat and altered the appearance ti clue her in. Or Hayward just doesn’t have good enough images of Pietro to know exactly what he looked like.

I think the LMD idea, and these justifications of it are... a stretch suitable for Mr. Fantastic.

Hayward could make an LMD with Pietro's superpowers and these things aren't the front line of any SWORD deployment?

So here is a crazy thought. Assume Pietro is the real deal and is the Fox universe version. What if the Fox version of Wanda, someone never officially appearing in any of the X-Men films, is also real and got over into the MCU somehow and merged with the MCU Wanda. That could explain the differences in behavior and accent. And Elizabeth Olsen could play both roles, And yes, I know there is a deleted scene from one of the X-Men movies that is Pietro maybe with his sister, but she is obviously not a twin in that scene, so I could see Marvel manipulating all of this to have the two Wandas. Plus, good/evil twins is a classic trope of sitcoms, dramas, soap operas, etc. Mirror Universe and so on.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
So here is a crazy thought. Assume Pietro is the real deal and is the Fox universe version. What if the Fox version of Wanda, someone never officially appearing in any of the X-Men films, is also real and got over into the MCU somehow and merged with the MCU Wanda. That could explain the differences in behavior and accent. And Elizabeth Olsen could play both roles, And yes, I know there is a deleted scene from one of the X-Men movies that is Pietro maybe with his sister, but she is obviously not a twin in that scene, so I could see Marvel manipulating all of this to have the two Wandas. Plus, good/evil twins is a classic trope of sitcoms, dramas, soap operas, etc. Mirror Universe and so on.
Its a nice idea and I could actually see CW The Flash doing it, but I dont think Marvel will :)

Remove ads