So, Wandavision?

MarkB

Legend
It looked to me like acts of will on the kids part. They tend to look at each other, as if making a mutual decision, and such. She may be invested in encouraging them to age....
A bit of both, maybe. Their initial jump from newborns seemed to be the direct result of Agatha's influence, but when they were considering doing it to escape the traumatic feelings brought on by losing Sparky, it certainly seemed to be their choice. A choice seemingly deliberately influenced by Agatha, but not actually controlled by her.

MarkB

Legend
If, as they sang, it was Agatha all along, I don't doubt that she might have a location inside the barrier, but not subject to the transformations of appearance.
I got the impression that her whole house was that. When Wanda was initially in there looking all weirded-out, it seemed like what was troubling her was that this was a space that clearly wasn't under her control, either directly or stylistically.

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
I expect the kids to age-up one more time to help out their parents, leaving them properly Speed and Wiccan for the Young Avengers (show or movie - probably show). There almost certainly won't be a WandaVision season two, but a sequel show (not just Multiverse of Magic) should be fully expected.
Yeah, it depends on how soon they plan to use those two characters. If it's not going to be fairly soon, then they might leave them as is or slightly older. Then when they get to using them as major characters elsewhere, they can cast them however they want then. Or something.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Powers gained from energy, etc. don't make mutants. They make super beings like Spiderman, who isn't a mutant. Mutants are born with the mutant gene and manifest those powers usually around puberty. It might set things up for their kids to be mutants, though.
Then it's very interesting that they specifically said that her cells were mutating. Perhaps to let people know that the rules in the MCU are different than in the comics.

Last edited:

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Then it's very interesting that they specifically said that her cells are mutating. Perhaps to let people know that the rules in the MCU are different than in the comics.
I don't know. I think in the MCU mutating and mutants are two different things. I don't think Spiderman got his powers without his cells mutating, but he's not a mutant.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Yeah, it depends on how soon they plan to use those two characters.

In the comics, the demon from whom they stem takes their souls back, and they are just gone. They are reincarnated later on, because there's no such thing as a permanent death in comics, but I don't think they've got a lot of need to use them any time soon.

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
Then it's very interesting that they specifically said that her cells were mutating. Perhaps to let people know that the rules in the MCU are different than in the comics.
Actually, they never say the M word. The say "changing" or "re-writing," but never anything about mutating/mutation/mutants.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
My theory is coming together!! Agatha is the true Hero of Westview protecting the Nexus of All Realities from the madness of Wanda.

Maybe the Book is just a key to the Nexus?

The creepy vines in the basement dungeon are certainly a cool nod too

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
I don't know. I think in the MCU mutating and mutants are two different things. I don't think Spiderman got his powers without his cells mutating, but he's not a mutant.
Actually, they never say the M word. The say "changing" or "re-writing," but never anything about mutating/mutation/mutants.

You were right and I was wrong. I found a transcript site and looked it up.

DARCY LEWIS: Hayward has your blood work. You've gone through the boundary twice already, Monica. The energy inside has re-written your cells on a molecular level twice. It's changing you.

MONICA RAMBEAU: Seen enough lab results to last me a lifetime. Cells metastasizing, cells in remission. I know what Wanda's feeling and I won't stop until I help her.

It's in Episode 6.

Marc Radle

Legend
In the comics, the demon from whom they stem takes their souls back, and they are just gone. They are reincarnated later on, because there's no such thing as a permanent death in comics, but I don't think they've got a lot of need to use them any time soon.
Well, if the rumors of an upcoming Young Avengers movie and/or series are true, they’ll need them sooner than later.

That’s supposedly why they cast Haley Stinefeld as the young new Hawkeye and an new, older actress as Scott Lang’s daughter etc. - they are putting the pieces in place to introduce the Young Avengers

Remove ads