• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

So, what are you doing Oct. 8-10th?

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Go have an adventure!

Pretty much the best thing I do each year - and I'm including GenCon and my massive BBQ in this consideration - is the Otherworld adventure weekend. You can only be a participant once, and people fly in from all over the country for very good reason. It's crazy stupid fun, with you as a heroic version of yourself in the middle of an adventure. It's designed for smart, adventurous men and women who aren't necessarily gamers or LARPers.

I'm on staff, and have been since around '96. It happens once a year. I can't recommend it enough.

There are some empty slots left for this year. I have a discount coupon for the first person who asks me for it, and I'd be pretty freakin' excited if we had some EN Worlders there.

EDIT - If talking your non-gamer significant other into it seems iffy, here's a blog post about the weekend from one of those folks. http://blogs.publishersweekly.com/blogs/shelftalker/?p=156

Last edited:

Scribble

First Post
Being on the east coast now means I actually might have a chance to do this... But alas... This year I will be travelling down to North Carolina for my sister in law's wedding. :erm: I mean :) Sister in law is getting married! but still :erm: I'm missing gaming... Priorities...

El Mahdi

Muad'Dib of the Anauroch
Thanks for telling us about this!:D

Although I can't do it this year, and maybe not even next year, my wife and I have decided (after reading every word of the website) that this just made the top of our list of places to go and things to do. We even want to do this more than go to GenCon (which neither of us have ever done yet).

Just curious, but what part do you play in it? (If you can tell us, or if you even know yet...)

And again, Thanks!

:cool:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Just curious, but what part do you play in it? (If you can tell us, or if you even know yet...)
It varies per plot, and there's a new plot every two years. The ratio is eight parties of six participants each (48 people) to around 60 staff members. I've been on staff eleven times, if I'm counting right, so it runs the gamut. And I can't tell you about this year, but it's pretty awesome.

I'm all for lurkers checking this out too. You can always shoot questions to me at kevin dot kulp at gmail. Today's the last day for early bird pricing.

One of the cool things about this is that it generally attracts more women than men, by a small margin. I think that's true for staff as well. I like that.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads