So what are you reading this year 2021?

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Have been getting surprisingly little reading done. Lost my current book to just find it last night. Mostly I've been re(-ish)reading the Cortex Prime book.

I kickstarted it, so I've read early editions of it but not the current one. So it's a combonation of reading and re-reading that I just coined re-ish-reading. Where do I go to collect my royalties when people use this much-needed word?

Richards

Legend
I just started a trio of novels in a collection called Guards of Haven: The Adventures of Hawk and Fisher by Simon R. Green. It's the novels Wolf in the Fold, Guard Against Dishonor, and The Bones of Haven and the two main characters are a married couple of Guard Captains in a fantasy city (the eponymous Haven). I'm just a few chapters into the first novel but I'm already liking it: it's a D&D-style fantasy with the added twist of being a kind of police procedural.

Oh, and Super Human (the book I just finished up) was apparently young adult after all (despite not being labeled as such) and not much to my liking: I think I'll ignore any more in that series.

Johnathan

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Have been getting surprisingly little reading done. Lost my current book to just find it last night. Mostly I've been re(-ish)reading the Cortex Prime book.

I kickstarted it, so I've read early editions of it but not the current one. So it's a combonation of reading and re-reading that I just coined re-ish-reading. Where do I go to collect my royalties when people use this much-needed word?
I do like Cortex Prime. Just haven't had a chance to play it a lot. Played a couple games of Marvel Heroic, but nothing since then.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Still reading Exploring Eberron by Keith Baker.

Still reading Small Favor by Jim Butcher.

Finished reading The Companions by R. A. Salvatore.

Still reading Rhythm of War by Brandon Sanderson.

Still reading The Queen's Gambit by Walter Tevis.

Still reading Unmasked: Inside Antifa's Radical Plan to Destroy Democracy by Andy Ngo.

Still reading Titan: The Life of John D. Rockefeller, Sr. by Ron Chernow.

Still reading The Ruins of Gorlan by John Flanagan.

Started reading Night of the Hunter by R. A. Salvatore.

dragoner

KosmicRPG.com
Finished Bone Silence, last of Reynolds' Revenger trilogy; to me Revenger is great, Shadow Captain good, and Bone Silence is OK. I think sometimes these series get drawn out by the publisher's attempts to capitalize on writers, forcing them to drag out or shoehorn in ideas that don't always fit good.

Next is a collection of Samuel R Delany shorts, his complete nebula award winners. I have read most before, but it's good enough I will read again.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I thought once Tales of the Dying Earth got into the 2nd book, and it was an actual story, I'd like it more.....but it is till just kind of (FOR ME) stupid with stupid names. And the way women are treated is getting harder to take as I go along.....(I get it is a product of its time, but still). I am not sure I will ever finish it. Going to put it aside and read something else from the shelf.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
I just finished Antony Beevor's 2012 The Second World War and based on that and a recent documentary, I've checked Blitzed: Drugs in the Third Reich by Normal Ohler.
I also have Beria, My Father: Inside Stalin's Kremlin by Sergo Beria on request from the library.

Just one of my occasional deeper dives into WWII history...

Mercurius

Legend
Over the last six months or so I've been collecting a ton of mass market paperback science fiction and fantasy, mostly from the 60s-70s era. I am particularly drawn to that era of "New Wave" writing.

The last two books I read were Isle of the Dead by Roger Zelazny and Roadside Picnic by the Strugatsky brothers, which is the book that the Tarkovsky film Stalker was based on.

I just started Fourth Mansions by RA Lafferty. Great, very unique writing.

Next up... I don't know, but maybe another Strugatsky or JG Ballard or Richard Cowper or Kate Wilhelm or Joanna Russ. Or...

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
I just finished Antony Beevor's 2012 The Second World War and based on that and a recent documentary, I've checked Blitzed: Drugs in the Third Reich by Normal Ohler.
I also have Beria, My Father: Inside Stalin's Kremlin by Sergo Beria on request from the library.

Just one of my occasional deeper dives into WWII history...
Sounds interesting. Beria, though. shudder That man was creepy AF.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases