Votes: 21 9.2%

Votes: 32 14.0%

Votes: 102 44.7%

Votes: 50 21.9%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloudgatherer

First Post
I had pre-ordered the books a while back. Then I started seeing some of the changes. Then I saw some more. I was on the fence about getting the books, then I read Monte's review, and that pushed me to the 'no' side. There were just too many changes, yet the game was close to 3.0. While the books look cool, some of the changes are really good, there are some aspects that made me say 'blah' and even at a reduced price I opted not to pick them up. I downloaded the SRD instead (the pdfs that someone kindly put together here) and that should be adequate if I get in a 3.5 game.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Hmm, I notice that despite a fair number of nay sayers, the number 4 choice is easily in the lead.

The voices of those with complaints are often the loudest, even when we, ummm, I mean they are in the minority... :)

In this case I was one of the many 4s, but I know that I get loud and cranky when I have complaints.

The Auld Grunp

pogre

Legend
I gave it a 4.

I like the beat, it's easy to dance to.

The new weapons section is silly though - sure it makes sense on the surface, but it adds difficulty without adding enjoyment - playability should be number one.

wiccanWARRIOR

First Post
Well, since I just sent mine back (see my "hello" thread this morning) I had to vote zippo.

Will probably download the SRD and sift the marshmallow bits out of the yukky cereal parts, but overall it just was *not* what was promised when I preordered it.

If only we had a Wayback machine to reverse history and make them do it right...

Nah, they would have done it this way anyway. Corporations are notoriously dense when dollar signs start dancing in their eyes, even when pounded over the head with irrefutable evidence that their latest scheme won't be good for their product.

We will just have to live with it as a necessary evil now until the fractured gaming community's debates (read as: "intense consumer demand" in corpspeak) forces them to put out 4.0 much too soon...

JoeBlank

Explorer
Chalk up another 4.

Couple of minor things that I am not sure about, keeping it at a little less than a 5, but overall very happy.

Note: I am a harsh grader and usually take the maximum grade to mean "perfect", which is very difficult to achieve.

drothgery

First Post
TheAuldGrump said:
Hmm, I notice that despite a fair number of nay sayers, the number 4 choice is easily in the lead.

Given a scale that says 1=3.5e sucks, 5=3.5e is God's gift to gaming, 4 was pretty much guaranteeed to be in the lead. It's the only choice that says "3.5 is pretty good, but there were some changes I didn't like/it came out too soon/they didn't make enough changes/it's still not perfect."

just__al

First Post
I voted 3

I like the new system but WOTC could have sold the new books for 19.95 for the first 2 months just like they did for 3.0 when it came out. A lot of people just bought the books like a year ago or maybe a year and a half.

I like most of the rule changes and I like the attempts to really clarify some confusing combat rules in the PHB, but because of the money they wanted for these books, I was forced to really shop around for a good price and my FLGS got screwed as I could not spend 30 extra dollars on the books just to support my FLGS.

They get plenty of my money anyway. I absolutely refuse to buy minatures online, you can't get a REALLY good look at them before you've bought them.

Tsyr

Explorer

There were a tiny amount of things I liked (Changing Harm, touching up the monk, bard, and ranger), but most everything else I disliked.

Dakkareth

First Post
I voted 3.

There are changes I like, changes I dislike, changes that were unnecessary. Overall I like it, but to put it out as new sourcebook with much brimborium reeks of money-making scheme to me. I will use the SRD instead.

-Dakkareth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads