So, what's happenin'?

Rapida

First Post
They didn't realize it was the cult of vecna. I'm using the town Saltmarsh from the DMG II and the evil noble is the one that hired them. Now they are on the run in saltmarsh because the noble framed them for an attempt to assasinate him. The cleric is in jail and the warlock and rogue are in the city hiding.

Mr_GrinReaper

First Post
Blade of Desecration said:
Well, my group just started another two campaigns (we're still doing the other one), and I'm a PC in both. One is set in Ebberon, in which I'm a half-elf warmage. Not much has happened yet, though we're hunting an assassin through Sharn.
The other campaign is for ECL 7 characters, on the Astral plane. Right now there are only two PCs, mine and Mr. GR's, as our fourth player had to leave before we could start. He's a Githyanki Kineticist, I'm a maug monk. Let me tell you, being a maug monk is SWEET. High AC, incredible ability scores, and I'm dealing 2d8+10 damage, thanks to my large size. And Mr. GR's Kineticist is pretty sick too. When I have more time I'll explain whats happened so far in more detail, but for now: between the two of us, we brought a CR 15 (9 CR higher than either of us) down too a third HP before he finally got us (it was crazy, I was going toe-to-toe in melee with a blackguard that had 9 CR on me), and then we got into a fight with a bunch of zombies on an Astral ship. Thats the summary, except that the most powerful zombie happened to be a grey render, which ripped me apart in melee.

OMGHE man, The Ebberon one is crazy.... I don't even think i can count the number of times we've been backstabbed and ambushed.... Aparently there is a cult that is reviving the mark of death, thats all we know, since we've seen it, but the moon that matches the mark is still gone. (Im playing a Star Elf Shujenja of water, who was sadly, 1 hit crit knocked out in the first fight of the game.... lol, But on the plus side, i saved up and bought a trained giant dragonfly)

We were ambushed by the rogue like 3 times
We were backstabbed by that wizard
We were ambushed by those sleep arrow guys..... And I cant think of the rest.

The Ethereal one... Well Bod covered most of it.... But we did find out that half of our group is killing elven civilians (and these are pcs that are doing the random killing) While our half is being diplomatic and reasoning, now the sorcerer who we went to see is asking us to stop them massacreing the elves. According to the Sorcerer one of the corpses looks like a blob, its been mutilated so much, aparently they were using it as a projectile weapon.... (almost as bad as what I did to bods character once when he died... I used him as cover against arrows! X_X)

Mr_GrinReaper said:
OMGHE man, The Ebberon one is crazy.... I don't even think i can count the number of times we've been backstabbed and ambushed.... Aparently there is a cult that is reviving the mark of death, thats all we know, since we've seen it, but the moon that matches the mark is still gone. (Im playing a Star Elf Shujenja of water, who was sadly, 1 hit crit knocked out in the first fight of the game.... lol, But on the plus side, i saved up and bought a trained giant dragonfly)

We were ambushed by the rogue like 3 times
We were backstabbed by that wizard
We were ambushed by those sleep arrow guys..... And I cant think of the rest.
And I got shot in the back by another rogue while I was by myself, and had to fight off a CR 3 melee rogue, in close combat. And I'm a level two caster. Yeah, that fight hurt.

Mr_GrinReaper said:
The Ethereal one... Well Bod covered most of it.... But we did find out that half of our group is killing elven civilians (and these are pcs that are doing the random killing) While our half is being diplomatic and reasoning, now the sorcerer who we went to see is asking us to stop them massacreing the elves. According to the Sorcerer one of the corpses looks like a blob, its been mutilated so much, aparently they were using it as a projectile weapon.... (almost as bad as what I did to bods character once when he died... I used him as cover against arrows! X_X)
Yeah, it's gonna' be sweet, 'cause the two of us are going rogue! Hells yes, we're on the lamb!
And you just had to bring up using the wizards corpse for cover, didn't you? Bastard.

Gold Roger

First Post
*Revive-no-jutsu*

In case anyone is even remotely interested in how I run my game. I hope this isn't to long/uninteresting

So far we played two rather long sessions. The system is Iron Heroes with houserules for magic. We started at level 1. The two PC's are:

Cesus (Thief): Cesus is a orphan of unknown origin, known throughout the country as troublemaker. Since his birth he had the ability of minor telekinesis on unatended objects and a luck that can only be called supernatural. Though a jack-of-all-trades mostly, his specialty is lying.

Aristo Boreas (Weaponmaster): Aristo is a elite palace guard of the king and a member of the Boreas family clan, known throughout the ocean of thousand arrows for their magical eyes. Every boreas can see in the dark and detect magic to a certain range. Family elders are said to be capable of farsight, scrying and x-ray vision. With his supernatural eyes and powerfull build, brandishing a huge halberd, he's a truly intimidating sight.

Cesto had gotten himself into some serious trouble with the royal family and pulled Aristo into it with him, which ended up putting both of them on their own in Klaathglen, a notorious pirate town three days by ship from the kingdom, with a price on their town. And boy did they get a taste what pirate town means.
Directly after ariving at the harbor they saw the biggest neogi tradeship (neogi are the only major race appart from humen in my setting) they've ever seen, a gargantuan black hulk crawling with neogi and chuul (my substitute for umber hulks as neogi servants). In the harbor there was a large mass of people watching the towns leader "Blackblade", a man known as superior swordfighter, argueing a young blonde man backed up by a small army of neogi. The two men duelled and the young one beheaded "Blackblade" with his first strike. He then snickered when he caught a glimpse of Aristo and departed with the neogi.
Hell broke loose a second later, as every pirate fraction of the town tried to gain the greatest profit from the situation in a great free for all battle royal. For the PC's this meant navigating the streets was hard and if you paid well you could get a good place towatch the battle.
After some watching they got themselfes a place to stay at a shady tavern, where they spoke with four rather unpleasend mercenarys, finding out that there was some kingdom troubled by a large beast and that the mercenarys themselfes had hired out to an archeologist called Sigin still looking for people. Cesto told them there was a price on his head :confused:.
The next morning they decided to hire themselfes out to Sigin as well. On their way there they where ambushed by three of the mercenarys and after that a bountyhunter but Aristo made short work of them. The fourth of the mercenarys, a dirty, chain smoking, alcohlic, lesbian knivefighter called Kanee told them, they would have to help her betray the archelogist now that those that where suppost to do so where death. They agreed and said that was their plan annyway.
The expedition made a short stop at the smithing town of Glut-haven. There about half the expedition members left after finding out one of their numbers would be a Neogi called Xepharex, bringing slaves and instable explosives to the project.
On high sea on the way to the excavation site they where attacked by the "Hunger", one of the three ships of the fearsome "Devourers", a powerfull pirate fleet. The PC's where part of the strike team, tasked with counter-entering the "Hunger". With lots of luck and the help of other expedition members, they succeded at killing the ships captain, a direct leutenant of the fearsome "Devourer" himself, and geting back to their ship slightly before the other two ships could enter the battle. When they escaped they caught a glimpse of the "Devourer", He was a extremely thin but large man, completely closed in leather armor (and he actually is a Mindflayer).
When they reached the third of the Jade Islands, their destination, only 13 members and five slaves where left of the expedition. They felt constandly observed by the native people. Their fist night on the island they hadn't reached the ruins they seeked out jet, and rested at a strnge construction of low hills, obviously a holy place to the natives, by whom they where nearly attacked, before Sigin was convinced to break camp and relocate. The next day they entered a region sorounded by grizly totems and the natives stopped observing them. When they reached their final destination they had lost one more of their numbers, that didn't return from scouting. They created a basic camp and had uneasy sleep. The morning (next weeks session) they will start burrowing

Well, after about 3 months of being extremely busy (working 60 hours a week on the graveyard shift), I've finally managed to pick up a book again. I bought Heroes of Horror and was inspired to start work on a horror campaign set in the FR. My posting may be sporadic for a while, but I'm definitely back. :)

Nightcloak

First Post
Mordmorgan the Mad said:
Well, after about 3 months of being extremely busy (working 60 hours a week on the graveyard shift), I've finally managed to pick up a book again. I bought Heroes of Horror and was inspired to start work on a horror campaign set in the FR. My posting may be sporadic for a while, but I'm definitely back. :)

Whoot!!!

:) :D :cool:

Some how, I knew you would be picking up that book... Woe to the realms for the mad man cometh!

Mordmorgan the Mad said:
Welcome back Mordmorgan, great to have you!

And yeah, I just picked up HoH last night and it kicks a**.

Remove ads