So, what's happenin'?

Mr_GrinReaper

First Post
Blade of Desecration said:
Huh, sorry to break it too you but wrong devas. Not the devas from MM, they are in FF.

Btw BoD i am not talkin about the Astral Deva-

Je suis morte, et les animaux tomee est non mes parlons!!!!!

Seriously- The devas we were fighting had no antimagic abilities, nor any nonevil spellcasting abilities, but they did have an anti negative energy ability, read it yourself man.....

Funky.Ferret=
I am sure that BoD will give you an advantageous position in another spot in the campaign, and I really think you should not have taken the fight to the web.....

~Everyone else-
I am stuck in the middle of a conflict here, and I am sorry that we have hijacked the thread... But X_X Really I am.... X_X :( Je suis mal.... :confused: :(

Mr_GrinReaper said:
Btw BoD i am not talkin about the Astral Deva-

Je suis morte, et les animaux tomee est non mes parlons!!!!!

Seriously- The devas we were fighting had no antimagic abilities, nor any nonevil spellcasting abilities, but they did have an anti negative energy ability, read it yourself man.....

Funky.Ferret=
I am sure that BoD will give you an advantageous position in another spot in the campaign, and I really think you should not have taken the fight to the web.....

~Everyone else-
I am stuck in the middle of a conflict here, and I am sorry that we have hijacked the thread... But X_X Really I am.... X_X :( Je suis mal.... :confused: :(
Actually (heh, hijacking my own thread):
A. It isn't anti-magic, if you'de read the entry carefully.
B. They didn't just have an ability to block spell-casters...
C. ...they had TWO.

There are two devas in that book, Monadic and Movanic. You apparently saw the Monadic, when you were fighting Movanic.

EDIT: Just looked at the entry, neither of them have an anti-negative energy ability. Closest I can find is Divine Equilibrium, which makes them immune to positive and negative planar traits. Sorry to sound snide here, but I'm afraid you lose.

Last edited:

Funky.Ferret

First Post
Could you then please just post what they did have instead of being a "negative nancy" and just telling us what they don't have and not what they do. And how does this affect the plot in any way, shape or form. Wow, now I know what type of Deva they are, yippy, that doesn't hurt the plot at all, and you have just said that it is a racial ability, and that doesn't hurt the plot line at all either. So what have you been complaining about, you could just have told us this the first time instead of "its important to the plot, remember this fight well." All I wanted and still all that I want is a simple answer stating why my ranged spells don't work against them, nothing more, but then, also nothing less.

I already told you, THE DAMN UNDEAD THING IS A PLOT THING. And THE DEVAS HAVE THE ABILITY TO BLOCK TARGETED SPELLS CAST AT THEM, AND THEY ALSO HAVE AN ABILITY TO BLOCK OTHER SPELLS AN ENEMY MIGHT USE! How many times do I need to tell you guys before you understand? FOR THE LAST TIME VINCE, I WAS NOT DELIBERATELY OUT TO SCREW YOUR CHARACTER. If I didn't want you to play a Dread Nec, I WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN THE ONE TO SUGGEST IT TO YOU. Sheesh...

To everyone else on this thread, I apologize.

Xen155 said:
Akward silence...

Howdy, contrary to popular (or hell no one might have noticed me gone!) IM NOT DEAD!
XEN RETURNS!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL REJOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey man, welcome back, we've missed you!

P.S. Check out my campaign setting thread. Pleazzzzzzz...

Funky.Ferret

First Post
Hey, hey hey, hold your horse man, what are you yelling about. When did you tell me that they have some anti spell targetted at them thing. You didn't tell me at the meet and as you can see from this thread you didn't tell me until now, and you clearly didn't tell us numerous times. What what have you been smoking?

All you ever said was
-"Trust me, it's important later, so I can't tell you. I will warn you not to forget any part of that fight though"
-"The thing with your spell not working was an effect of the divas, while the zombie thing does effect the plot. You'll find out when I'm ready for you all to know. Not before."
-"Huh, sorry to break it too you but wrong devas. Not the devas from MM, they are in FF."
-"Actually (heh, hijacking my own thread):
A. It isn't anti-magic, if you'de read the entry carefully.
B. They didn't just have an ability to block spell-casters...
C. ...they had TWO.

There are two devas in that book, Monadic and Movanic. You apparently saw the Monadic, when you were fighting Movanic.

EDIT: Just looked at the entry, neither of them have an anti-negative energy ability. Closest I can find is Divine Equilibrium, which makes them immune to positive and negative planar traits. Sorry to sound snide here, but I'm afraid you lose."
-And then this "I already told you, THE DAMN UNDEAD THING IS A PLOT THING. And THE DEVAS HAVE THE ABILITY TO BLOCK TARGETED SPELLS CAST AT THEM, AND THEY ALSO HAVE AN ABILITY TO BLOCK OTHER SPELLS AN ENEMY MIGHT USE! How many times do I need to tell you guys before you understand? FOR THE LAST TIME VINCE, I WAS NOT DELIBERATELY OUT TO SCREW YOUR CHARACTER. If I didn't want you to play a Dread Nec, I WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN THE ONE TO SUGGEST IT TO YOU. Sheesh..."

You only told about the Anti Undead thing, which just happens to totally screw me up for THE ENTIRE CAMPAIGN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And P.S. you may say that you haven't been trying to screw my character but even if it was not purposely done it did happen. I had absolutely nothing left and I just want to make it clear that I think that either for some reason you wanted to kill me or that you were simply very naive and didn't realize that you totally screwed with my guy. And if my zombies get taken away again I"m going to probably actually do something, I don't want to have to think of what I'll do but even though the DM is all powerful the player is the one with the real power, don't forget that.

I now have 6 zombies, I have released the old 36 and given them to some freak, and have raised people KIA.

x6 Bob- skeleton 6 d12+2hp 70hp +6int AC 20 +7 2d6+6, Dr 5/b, blah, blah blah, str 19, dex 14, blah, blah blah,

AND THESE DON'T CLUTTER CAUSE THEY ARE ALL I'VE GOT!!!!

P.S.2 I've gotten amulet of spectral hand so that I"m protected for once.

AND LIKE MR.GRIN SAID, I'M SORRY TO EVERYONE ELSE ON THIS THREAD BUT AS I SAID BEFORE I JUST WANTED THE SIMPLE ANSWER POSTED ABOVE, THAT COULD HAVE BEEN TOLD AT FIRST BY BoD BUT I HAD TO WRESTLE IT OUT. SORRY AGAIN TO ALL YOU OTHER PEOPLE.

Last edited:

Xen155

First Post
Mr_GrinReaper said:
Funky.Ferret=

Perhaps I dont understand everything about this fight, Or the Reaps ability to speak some mysterious language, but this fight should not have, and WILL NOT continue here, make your own thread if you MUST argue but stop interrupting this thread. Not to be all moderator on you guys but take it somewhere else, or I will take off the gloves.

Boom its done.

Remove ads