D&D (2024) So what's happening with Ranger?

What is the 2024 Synthesis Ranger?

• Favored Enemy A

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Favored Enemy B

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Other Favored Enemy

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Natural Exporer A

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Natural Exporer B

• Other Natural Explorer

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Tireless A

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Tireless B

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Other Tireless

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Nature's Veil A

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Nature's Veil B

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Other Nature's Veil

• Foe Slayer A

• Foe Slayer B

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Other Foe Slayer

• This poll will close: .

Weiley31

Legend
1 - The Ranger's evolution revolves around the Hunter's Mark magic then what happens if a wizard casts the dispel magic or silence spellon the Ranger?
The Party Paladin to the Ranger: Bro that Rakshasa just looked at me and LAUGHED when I Divine Smited him. JUST LOOKED AT ME WHILE LIGHTING UP HIS PIPE

Wizard pulls up alongside them on his Tenser Floating Disc and starts meaning glaring at the Ranger while flashing that baller Dispell Magic and and Silence spell scrolls.

Xeviat

Dungeon Mistress, she/her
I'm a little concerned with Ranger 2024. Because for two reasons:

1 - The Ranger's evolution revolves around the Hunter's Mark magic then what happens if a wizard casts the dispel magic or silence spellon the Ranger?

2 - What happens if a player wants to use another spell that uses concentration, for example Swift Quiver?

For my game sessions I made small changes to Ranger that I personally found more effective than the versions of d&d 5e and d&d 5e 2024
Yours has the same issue as favored Enemy in 3E; it requires mother may I from the DM to make sure you get to use the ability. If it's something you can switch on a long rest, and later a short rest, that would be one thing.

I'd prefer rebalancing Hunter's Mark (and Hex) to not be concentration spells.

Remove ads