Some notes on Spam Control & New Users

Egill

First Post
I havent got a web site or a home page so not being able to link to them isn't that arduous. And no opinions either so trying to find ten things to post on might be a problem anyway.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Well, I am in the middle south of the us, central Tennessee - Nashville. The weather here varies quite nicely, without getting too cold. Usually.

Egill

First Post
The weather here in the North of England is mild. Mild rain, mild sun, mild wind, mild snow. We had a weather warning today for fog but it was actually quite mild.
I have enjoyed the weather in the US on the few occasions I have been. I spent two months in Boston in the Fall 10 years ago and that was entirely pleasant. SF was fab (8 yrs ago), didnt see the famous fog at all and Waikiki was hot (quarter of a century ago), but not as unpleasantly hot as Dubai last month (45 C).

Scott DeWar

Dubai? I have lived in the Mojave Desert of southern California. I understand 130 F and 20%or less of Humidity. This was before the first gulf war.

Egill

First Post
I'm an examiner for the Royal College of Surgeons. I got a free trip to Sri Lanka to examine over there. Stopped off in Dubai on the way. Dashing from air conditioned building to air conditined building! Seriously unpleasant to be out in midday sun, especially as a northern european not used to it. (Was skiing in arctic Finland in January -39 C, sublime to rediculous"!)

Scott DeWar

Holy schinikes!! that is . . . -39? If I recall correctly, -40 C = -40 F, so brrrrrrr! What was Sri Lanka like?

Egill

First Post
Thats about right. It was painfully cold, especially on the ski lifts with about -15C extra wind chill. We spent most of our time drinking beer and playing Traveller and Advanced Squad Leader.

Remove ads