Some rules questions...

KenHood

First Post
Well, there is only one way I know to get sneak attacks with unarmed attacks. Buy a belt of the brawler [level 3 item from AV;unarmed attacks = clubs]. Be an Ruthless Ruffian or take the street thug feat[both from martial].
Hmmm. Too bad that's not a feat, because it's gonna be a little weird when 30th level Tonk is wearing a 3rd level item...

Last edited:

ryryguy

First Post
What are the stats on unarmed strike exactly? Pretty crappy IIRC. Worse than a dagger. So as a DM I probably wouldn't have an issue with just allowing somebody to use it to make a sneak attack. They aren't gaining anything, quite the opposite.

That's as a DM though. It might not rise to the level of something that should be added officially to L4W...

KenHood

First Post
Unarmed Strike: no attack bonus, 1d4 damage.

Love the using the fist as a club: +2 attack, 1d6 damage. Having Tonk beat bad guys to death with his bare hands...SUH-WEET!

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
I have a question: do resistances stack? I would sort of think that they don't, given things that give a differing amount of resistance depending on whether the user already resists the energy type in question, but I haven't found any actual ruling one way or the other.

covaithe

Explorer
DMG p.176, in the section on customizing monsters by adding templates, it is clear that they don't stack for that purpose:
Immune/Resist/Vulnerable: Add the stated entries and values. If the monster already has one or more of these abilities, use the more beneficial value.

Further, in the sidebar, it explains:

When you a overlay a template on a monster, you simply add the template’s abilities and powers to those the monster already has. sometimes, though, these powers and abilities contradict or duplicate previously existing ones.
The basic rule in such situations is that numeric values of duplicate abilities are not cumulative. (see “Bonuses and Penalties” on page 275 of the Player’s Handbook for complete information.) The monster retains the value more favorable to it.

PHB 275 is not helpful for talking about resists, but I think this makes it fairly clear that the intent is for resists of the same type not to stack.

Remove ads