D&D (2024) Some things...including from the videos

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
On the whole spell prep (flex-vancian) and overly specific spell issue. In 2e we used a kind of spontaneous casting for the cleric so those spells might get used. I remember zone of truth being used to good effect a few times. Of course that might have just gotten prepared.

In 5e, as noted above, there are really strong out of combat spells, and it does seem like almost any full caster would pick at least a few. A simpler solution might just be increasing the # of known spells for those classes. If that is the real reason.

Bark Skin, yes. Thorn Whip? VSM so the twf class needs one weapon away to cast it, 1d6 damage per tier, spell attack roll (i.e. off-stat). Just carry daggers or shuriken. (The spell I was hoping for was Magic Stone to make an entirely Wis based ranger for their attacks)
It wasn't really obvious to me either. Not my favorite cantrip in general.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
More feats are coming, maybe many more.

They really like the epic feats, so expect something kind of like in DMG now to allow those to keep being taken by 20+ level characters.

Seem to be thinking about higher levels more in general (which would be a huge change).

And its there. In the packet, under "Bonus Feats at 20th level" describing how characters can still gets feats, as they stay at 20th level.

Remove ads