Something cool my players did.

I was in a game once when the Templar of Herakles got himself petrified in the middle of wrestling some mighty monster. Knowing how the character felt about prestige and acts of heroism, I had him cast in bronze before we un-petrified him. Now he has a lovely statue of himself in the most life-like of poses possible.

ThoughtBubble

First Post
First off, the gorgon thing rocks. Especially the green smoke.

In my particular game, one character stole a lot of supplies from the character who was supposed to be the party's mentor (a supernatural blacksmith). Then, after finding out what was going on, he attempted to murder one of a group who was blackmailing the smith. The blackmailer barely made it out alive. From that, there's a chain reaction of events that leads to the blacksmith's death.

Then during a catch up session last week, the friendly party ninja tracks down the group of blackmailers, successfully kills one while she's sleeping, and nearly kills a second after a pitched battle, but can't bring herself to.

The result? The circle of vengence continues!

Craer

First Post
I was absent from the session where this happened, but in our epic game, after the party fought a five-dozen hit die Glacier Dragon, the party fighter cut off its head and took the skull to make into a tavern.

Not adorn the tavern walls.

To be the tavern.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Craer said:
I was absent from the session where this happened, but in our epic game, after the party fought a five-dozen hit die Glacier Dragon, the party fighter cut off its head and took the skull to make into a tavern.

Not adorn the tavern walls.

To be the tavern.

Heh.

My favourite DM has a homebrew setting I love (he describes it as 'traditional fantasy, albeit influenced by everything from Pratchett to Lovecraft'). I stole the centrepiece city recently to run a oneshot, and it worked wonderfully.

One of the neat touches that hooked me early one was the Dragon Turtle Inn, a tavern where the roof was the shell of an Ancient Dragon Turtle. Only thing was, the city is in the middle of a desert, and nobody's sure how the shell got there...

(About a year later in the campaign, we discovered the underground river that the dragon turtles used as a passage to their spawning grounds...)

-Hyp.

-Hyp.

Terwox

First Post
Had a character, (the half-orc in my near dead story hour,) after they defeated a carrion crawler, whack it's head off, hollow it out, and wear it as a helmet. :) Coolest visual image for me... half-orb barbarian with those tentacles hanging down to his waist and a big bulbous green orb on his head.

He later, after killing a nothic, mounted it's eye to the middle of the crawler to have a third eye.

I believe at one point I started letting him see out of the eye, and I think the crawler animated at one point, or if it didn't it should have before the campaign ended. Oh well. :)

Hehe, this was also the game where he woke up wielding his removed femur, but that was DM design. :)

Remove ads