Son of Krauss Greyhawk Age of Worms Game (OOC)

Here are a few questions/things to ponder for everyone ...

When you re-enter a room, is it helpful if I post the full description of the room again? I'm reminded of the old Zork games where you could use the command "verbose" to make sure that it gave you full descriptions of each room every time (dating myself once again).

I don't think it's a bad idea. First of all you don't have to scroll or click back through many pages of posts to find the previous full description. After all, you might want to check something out that you had missed or ignored earlier. Secondly it also gives me the chance to add a bit more description, and flesh things out a bit more. Thirdly, I think full posts (although not overly-full ones) tend to encourage people to write more. After all, there's nothing particularly exciting about "you re-enter the room to the north." It's much more interesting to say: "Galstaff, you have re-entered the door to the north. You are now by yourself, standing in a dark room. The pungent stench of mildew emanates from the wet dungeon walls." Right?

Discuss. Talk amongst yourselves.

Raging Epistaxis

First Post
Personally, I prefer the verbose option, as I am a fast reader.

Besides, I often find myself going back to the earlier posts to clarify something that I thought I remembered before I include it in my post. If the description were included again closer I wouldn't have to search as far for it.

PS isn't 'dating yourself' a little odd? Heck, it might even be illegal in some areas, or at least considered immoral... :uhoh: :confused: :heh:

PSS Yes, I know what you meant, I just couldn't resist the misinterpretation of dating. FWIW I played Zork on the Apple II when it came out. Don't recall if I got all the way through or not. Stinks getting older. Those neurons have retired or been recycled.

Last edited:

hbarsquared

Quantum Chronomancer
Verbose for me, too!

As long as (and I don't think you would be one to do this anyway, Branding) it's not cut-and-paste. Similar information, told a little different. Half the reason why I play online is I love to read other people's stuff. So, the more the better, for me!

Raging Epistaxis said:
PS isn't 'dating yourself' a little odd? Heck, it might even be illegal in some areas, or at least considered immoral... :uhoh: :confused: :heh:
Illegal? Nonsense, it's a lot cheaper than dating others, that's for sure. Although I sometimes get a little upset with myself if I don't spring for a nice meal every once in a while.

On the subject of cheap dates, I'm going to be out of town for the weekend, and probably won't be posting much next week either. Looks like I've got a job out of town painting a house out on Long Island to get it ready for sale.

jeremy_dnd said:
Verbose for me, too!

As long as (and I don't think you would be one to do this anyway, Branding) it's not cut-and-paste. Similar information, told a little different. Half the reason why I play online is I love to read other people's stuff. So, the more the better, for me!
I know what you mean, jeremy. I always feel as if my descriptions are a little dry the first time through. By being able to revisit them, you can add a bit more. Also, I believe that our perceptions are always changing, so that you never see the same place twice, even if the surroundings haven't changed a bit. The experiences you've had in the meantime subtly (and sometimes not so subtly) change your perception. To quote Peanuts quoting Thomas Wolf: "You can never go home again."

In more practical terms, if I am describing a more mutable environment than a dungeon (say a street in town, for instance), things are always changing.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases