• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sorcerers and Spell Components

I assume the answer is yes, but do Sorcerers have to use components too? I am wondering for spells like Identify in which there is a monetary value. (not that any Sorcerer I have ever seen would take Identify)

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Absolutely. They need their brop of bitumen for Spider Climb and their bat guano for Fireball - and their 100gp pearl for Identify - just like a wizard.

-Hyp.

Gez

First Post
But it's a common houserule to give them Eschew Materials for free at first level, like Wizards get Scribe Scrolls for free.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
What Gez said.

I'd go as far as giving them the same amount of bonus feats wizards get. I don't think that sorcerers' spellcasting is so much better than wizards' that they need feats to make up for it.

As I think that sorcerers come in two flavours - the ones that learn their spells intuitively, and the ones that mimic other spellcasters - I'd give them a choice of eschew materials and skill focus (spellcraft) at 1st level, and metamagic (though no item creation) later, and maybe feats like extra slot.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads