SotD - Beneath Grenton

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
"You said you suspect Eskaron's motives to be different, but you still do not say why, or even why you think that. You also do not say whether or not you agree with him. That is what I asked."

Knight Otu

First Post
"Cannot... agree... or dis... agree... with... what... I do... not... know... He em... powers... Crusaders... minimzes... Integrators... I think... revenge... or rulership... is the... final... aim....."

Jdvn1

Farid acts a bit indignant, "If Eskaron's intent is to rule over everyone--or worse--then my intent is to stop him. Likely, this will take more than a conversation. Anyone whose intent is this, should be stopped. If they will peacefully leave, then so be it."

Knight Otu

First Post
"When... attacking... promise... to call... out..." Here he speaks a phrase in Draconic, and repeats it for you to memorize. "Signal... to In...tegrators... not to... interfere..." He coughs a few times.

"Deep forest... Tunnels... A lake... connected... to them... south... of Grenton... Old cottage... on hill... hides... tunnel... entran...ce."

Jdvn1

Farid nods, "Thanks be to you." He turns, then, to his companions. "That sounds like it should be our next destination."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Quarion's keen elven ears catch Veras-re's grumble. The elf responds, "We cannot! Do you not see its skin? Do you not hear its language? It is dragonkin, and not worthy of our time, let alone our trust. We should put it out of its misery before it taints our minds with any more twisted lies. I will gladly do the honors." With that, Quarion unsheathes his sword and looks coldly at the ancient kobold. He does not move towards it, though. Quarion continues, "This tunnel continues on, I think. But before we traverse any great distances, we should, at the very least, report to our companions on the surface. I hesitate to relate to them this... thing's... story. They are inclined to believe its words, I think, for they are too accustomed to assuming civilized traits in scum like this."

Knight Otu

First Post
By now, the group is close enough to see the inside of the shrine. It is, again, a hexagonal room. Each wall is decorated with intricate carvings. The wall directly across the entrance shows mountains. To its left, a large sun, to its right, a volcano. The other three walls are mostly out of your line of sight, but you think you can make out an ocean and a star-filled night, respectively.
The floor shows carvings of similar theme in the area before the walls. Rocks before the mountain, flames before the volcano, rays before the sun, waves before the ocean, more stars before the night sky, and sand before the entrance you stand in. What you see of the ceiling evokes the thought of a scaly hide with hexagonal scales.
In the exact center stands a hexagonal table. It takes but a glance to see that is is a small model of the world, just without the fabled Elemental Towers. The table is surrounded by six candles on high pedestals.
Just before the table lies... a bundle of grey scales and skin, bedded on a mixture of sand, earth, rock and leaves, with a small bowl at its side. Inside the bowl is water, and a swimming candle. This bundle must be the kobold you are talking to.

Hearing Quarion's outburst, the kobold slowly shakes his head, and for a moment it looks like it might just roll away from the body. "Elf... Spirit of... En-Father... strong... in you... but elves... more kin... to world... scale... than any... other... of his... children. Enter... and see..."

Remove ads