SotD - Beneath Grenton

Knight Otu

First Post
Following Jack to Jeline's house, which is remarkably empty now, you quickly find the trap-door down into the kobold tunnels. Beneath, you find a small and dirty hexagonal room. A tunnel leads north and down into the darkness.

Checking the walls, you find that, had Jeline's house been burned down, the tunnel would have collapsed as well at some length, though it is possible that there are preparations further down to stop a collapse of the whole tunnel complex..

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
"Ah, hm. Well, this is certainly not dwarven quality, but what do you expect from overgrown lizards? One way to go, I suppose. Shall I take the lead?"

Farid goes into the tunnel, unless someone else says they want to take the lead. How large is the tunnel?

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Veras-Re follows the Dwarf Warrior and the Halfling Scout (and his canine companion) into the tunnel. Immediately after he enters, his feeling of anxiety increases. The walls of earth around him remind him of home.

And that is not a happy thought for the grim Veras-Re.

"I will take the rear, for I am neither armored nor nimble"

Pbartender

First Post
Jack unshutters his magically lit lantern, and draws his slim sword. He considers his sheathed dirk for a moment. "Have you got a spare hand, Veras?" he asks the psionic dwarf, "Rover and I need to see, but I'd feel better with both my blades out."

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Veras-Re takes the lantern from Jack's hands. He mumbles something that might've been inane rambling or hopeless whining. He holds the light source in his off hand and his walking stave in his right.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: Unless I'm mistaken, Quarion and Garma are heading into the tunnels as well.

Garma seems uneasy going underground, but Quarion whispers a few reassuring words in the wolf's ear, probably something about a den. Garma follows the group down into the earth, but he is clearly tense, his hair bristling and his teeth bared. Quarion seems far more at peace. As the group travels the tunnel, he slides his hand along the earthen wall and crouches every now and again to grab a handful of dirt and sniff it passionately, as though it were some kind of drug. His bow is on his back and his quarterstaff pads softly in the dirt floor of the tunnel.

Pbartender

First Post
nimisgod said:
Veras-Re takes the lantern from Jack's hands. He mumbles something that might've been inane rambling or hopeless whining. He holds the light source in his off hand and his walking stave in his right.

"Thanks, mate," says Jack, unsheathing his dagger.

"They're certain to know we're here, by now, so it's no use sneaking. Just a quick search, and clobber any buggers that're left down here." He gestures for Farid to lead the way, "I'm right behind you, chum."

Rae ArdGaoth said:
OOC: Unless I'm mistaken, Quarion and Garma are heading into the tunnels as well.

OOC: I thought Q & G were heading out to track the wagons, not that Jack would complain about having them along in the tunnels.

Knight Otu

First Post
(Katherine suggested that Quarion and Garma join the tunnel explorers as backup. Not really sure why, but I'm fine with it.)

The tunnels are pretty much exactly six feet high and wide, with some bumps and dents. It is nearly dwarven quality, somewhat inferior, but definitely better than the average human miner would do.

As you move down the tunnel, it occasionally branches out into other tunnels, which you find lead to similar rooms under the village's houses. Finally, you spot an entrance into what appears to be a larger room, seperated from the tunnel by a curtain.

[sblock="Farid and Quarion:"]As you move through the tunnels, you can't help but notice that they actually get cleaner the deeper you move.[/sblock]

nimisgod

LEW Judge
"I shall send in our scout" whispers the Psion to the rest of his party.

Veras-Re detaches his psi-crystal from the head of his walking stick. He then tells Liberitas to scout the room stealthily and report back to him.

Liberitas: Hide +14, Listen +6, MS +6, Spot +6
Can see 40' as a sighted creature, but ignores darkness.
HP 10, Hardness 8, AC 16

Knight Otu

First Post
[sblock="Liberitas:"]The spy/psicrystal crawls underneath the curtain, and enters a large, hexagonal room. In the exact center is a now-cold fireplace. Several straw beds are arranged along the walls, all very tidy. No kobold is apparent.
Four more exits are in the room, with no clear indication where they may lead, but three of them are curtained as well.
Taking a closer look at the entrance you stand before, Liberitas notices three holes in the wall just behind the curtain.[/sblock]

Remove ads