Special Conversion Thread: Sheens

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
SA – Plasma Shovel. Three times per day, the miner can vent superheated plasma from the tip of its digger arm. The plasma is a searing cone of superheated particles (although the orientation is the opposite of the cone of plasma “breath” of a render) 30 feet long, 3 feet wide at the origin and gradually narrowing to an inch or less at the terminus. Soil and earth melts away from the skilled touch of the plasma shovel, revealing the minerals sought by miners. Creatures struck by the plasma must make a successful saving throw vs. breath weapon or suffer 4d10 points of damage; creatures that successfully save still suffer half damage. Treat the plasma as fire for purposes of invulnerabilities and protective magics.

The fact that it narrows is kind of weird. The "skilled touch" bit would indicate a higher Dex, I think, but you're right that it works more like a breat weapon. Well, I'm fairly happy either way; maybe it doesn't need much control to get the minerals out.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Edit: Increased? It's got a listed Con of 16, which I like.

What's the hardness of minerals? 8 and higher, right? Perhaps it only affects creatures and materials with a hardness less than 8.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
demiurge is right, the Con should be 16.

Stoneskin seems like a good model for the defensive field.

demiurge, do you mean lower than hardness 8 for the plasma shovel? That seems fair to me.

Shade

Monster Junkie
SD – Grade 1 defensive field. Walkers automatically generate a physical protective field from virtual particles. Though generally invisible, the defensive field drains 1 point of damage from every successful attack directed at the walker, to a maximum of 6 hit points/day. For example, a longsword that would inflict 3 points of damage actually inflicts only 2 points of damage on the walker, while depleting the defensive field by 1 point. (The field can absorb only 5 more hit points that day, 1 hit point at a time.) Magical attacks that deliver direct damage, such as fireball, lightning bolt, etc., are also affected by the defensive field, but only after respective saving throws are made (see Magic Susceptibility).

How's this?

Defensive Field (Su): Walkers automatically generate a physical protective field from virtual particles. This grants the walker damage reduction 1/- and resistance to acid 1, cold 1, electricity 1, fire 1, and sonic 1. The defensive field can prevent a total of 6 points of damage per day.

Shade

Monster Junkie
SA – Electrical discharge. Walkers store electrical energy in their outer carapace. Up to three times per day, a walker can release this energy as a powerful electrical shock. When a walker does so, the next foe struck in melee with the sampler arm suffers and additional 2d4 points of electrical damage in addition to physical damage. Alternatively, if an attacker strikes the walker with a metallic weapon while the walker contains an excess charge in its carapace, the foe also receives 2d4 points of electrical damage. Each excess electrical build-up depletes the walker’s energy stores, forcing it to return to its cyst one day sooner than it otherwise would to replenish its energy.

And...

Walkers must return to their machine cyst once per month to replenish their energy. If a walker’s energy is depleted and not replenished, it becomes inert. Sheenchasers have had some success in “recharging” walkers with finely focused shocking grasp spells, then following the walker back to its home cyst.

Hmmm...

3-for-1 healing from electricity, like flesh golems?

I swear I've seen something similar to the electrical discharge on another creature...

Remove ads