• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Special Delivery IC thread

mcnathan80

First Post
"Well Norros, I actually hail from Sharn from a little section of the Dura district, in Upper Ward called Overlook. However, I have not been home in some time. I recently returned from a diplomatic trip to FlameKeep to beseech the Church of the Silver Flame to reconsider a treaty they are thinking of signing with the Riedrans that will severly compromise the safety of my people. You may not be able to tell from a glance, but I am not human. I am a Kalashtar, and my people hail from Adar, on the continent of Sarlona. For the last several hundred years my people have been besieged by the Inspired, who masquarade as ambassadors, and diplomats gaining allies amongst the Khorvairians while waging a campaign of genocide against the Kalashtar. My mission is to spread the word to others about this deception, and to teach the young Kalashtar scattered around the continent about their heritage. Although, defeating the darkness in the long term means nothing if my family suffers now, so I am taking this mission to make money to bring back to my community in Overlook, and perhaps gain an audience with the ruling council in Trollanport and speak of our plight". After his speech Hashkavak grows silent, and his eyes get a faraway look in them as if he sees something that you do not, then after a moment says, "Sorry to go on about my mission, sometimes I just begin talking about my people's suffering without regard to whom I'm telling. Please accept my appologies, perhaps we could discuss this at a later time". At this, a large Warforged enters the room completely drawing all attention to itself with it's loud footsteps. "Sometimes I don't think I'll ever get used to the machines" Hashkavak thinks to himself.

Animus

Explorer
Box Text:
After people are done with the tea and cakes, the gnome looks ready to speak further.
"Once again welcome to my humble abode here in Upper Sharn. Of course I have called you
here for a mission, and an important mission it is indeed. I have a package that needs to
be delivered to an acquaintance in Trolanport. He is to examine the contents for me, as I
do not trust anyone else to do so. This is a very important package; it must not be
tampered with."
He then calls for a servant, who brings what looks like a jewelry box to
the room.

"This box is protected by various enchantments. I assure you, there is no danger for you
carrying it, unless you decide to open it, of course. I just want to make sure it gets to
my acquaintance safely. I don't trust that House Orien would be able to protect it
properly. That is why I'm choosing you. I have 75 platinum dragons for each one of you if
the package gets there unscathed. You'll get 30 now, 45 when it is delivered by my
acquaintance. Letters of credit will be waiting for you when you get there. Any
questions?"

mcnathan80

First Post
"Yes, just who is your friend, and where in Trolanport does he reside?" Before allowing Fimble a chance to respond, Hashkavak then asks "And how are we getting there? You can't expect us to walk, it would take weeks to get to Trolanport. Or are we to find find our own transportation at our own expense?" He then sits back, takes a sip of tea, and waits for a response.

sukael

First Post
Myel stands amidst the center of the group, the lack of obvious irises in her entirely-black eyes serving to mostly hide the fact that she keeps looking back and forth between the others. A few glances are more obvious--Khashana's gloves, Hashkavak's tattoos, the is-that-one-of-those extraplanar creature, the warforged. Most particularly, however, is observed Norros' trident--she has one of her own, the crux of its fork wrapped up in some grey-green material.

In contrast to Khashana, Myel is neither tall nor particularly beautiful: her figure is tomboyish, if the outlining of her tight-fitting, cured-plant-material armor is any sign, and her face is more than a little angular. She wears a cloak, loose at the moment, making obvious the dagger on one hip and the folded-up net on the other; her body language makes it evident that she's feeling a little uncomfortable having the most weaponry of anyone in the room, especially when the shortbow and quiver on her back are factored in. (She might be leaning a little in Flint's direction, as though his presence justifies things.)

"Ah--yes," she says, suddenly nodding. "Er. What he said?" She grins a little, sheepishly, exposing pointy, needle-like teeth.

[sblock=Checks]Taking 10 gives Myel a 17 on Knowledge (the planes) to identify the presence of a githzerai, and a 13 on Spot vs. Hashkavak's Disguise check.

It should take a Knowledge (local) check at DC 11 to identify Myel as a sea kin rather than just some generic weird subvariant of humanoid (she's not, at the moment, trying to disguise herself).[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]Full description here.

And sorry on the delay--I was away from my computer most of the day.[/sblock]

nonamazing

Explorer
"Um...may I add a question? I beg your pardon, Hashkavak," Khashana looks downward as she addresses the brown-haired man, for some reason unwilling to meet his eyes. "I do not mean to imply your questions were incomplete, but there is something that troubles me."

Khashana turns to address Fimble with a warm smile. "Mister Jakenworth, you mentioned that you don't think House Orien could keep your box safe. Does that mean you know of some danger that we should be aware of? Is someone trying to steal it, perhaps? I assume it must be a very important object, for you to go to such great lengths..."

Stepping backward nervously, Khashana trips on an uneven patch of floor, clumsily bumping into the bulky Warforged. "Ah!" Khashana spins around, hastily stammering an apology as she looks up into Flint's glowing red eyes. "I-I-I'm sorry. I should be more careful."

To Flint's surprise, the red-faced girl does not seem to be afraid of him, although her embarassment is genuine. As she nervously smiles up at him, Flint realizes that she doesn't see him as unusual or odd in any way--a rare attitude for a human.

Velmont

First Post
Norros nods at Khashana's question. He doesn't want to enter a mission that would be suicidal, but the sum of money would help him to hide for a time and travelling that far cannot hurt too.

Animus

Explorer
mcnathan80 said:
"Yes, just who is your friend, and where in Trolanport does he reside?" Before allowing Fimble a chance to respond, Hashkavak then asks "And how are we getting there? You can't expect us to walk, it would take weeks to get to Trolanport. Or are we to find find our own transportation at our own expense?" He then sits back, takes a sip of tea, and waits for a response.

"His name is Rexamble Taggleworth, and I will give you directions to his place," Fimble says. "It is about 600 miles to Trolanport. Magebred horses, provided by me, can get you there in two weeks."

Animus

Explorer
nonamazing said:
"Um...may I add a question? I beg your pardon, Hashkavak," Khashana looks downward as she addresses the brown-haired man, for some reason unwilling to meet his eyes. "I do not mean to imply your questions were incomplete, but there is something that troubles me."

Khashana turns to address Fimble with a warm smile. "Mister Jakenworth, you mentioned that you don't think House Orien could keep your box safe. Does that mean you know of some danger that we should be aware of? Is someone trying to steal it, perhaps? I assume it must be a very important object, for you to go to such great lengths..."

"Well, truth be told, there is some danger involved. all I can say is that there may be people after this package. But rest assured, you can handle them. I can say no more about it, for fear that they may be listening."

Velmont

First Post
"I don't like the idea of ignoring what we have to expect when you know. 75 platinium is a good sum, but to go blindly into some danger, even if you tell we can handle it, I am not sure if it would worth. I don't know what my companion think of that, but I think it would be reasonnable if you raise your offer." suggests Norros at Fimble. He then scan his new companion reaction to see if they agree on that.

mcnathan80

First Post
"By all means Khashana, ask away".
"I'm in agreement with Norros, in consideration of the dangers we will face, and the expenses of traveling I think that an increase in wages woul be most appropriate. Nothing exorbant mind you, just to bring it in line with what a fair price would be". As Hashkavak focuses on his Quori spirit, and tries to use that focus to somehow attune himself to Fimble's thoughts and attitudes.

Diplomacy: 23

Animus:
[sblock] If its all the same I'll just take 10 unless you want me to roll, in which case just let me know[/sblock]

Remove ads