D&D 5E Speculation - Potential Future Releases

wwanno

First Post
I would love to detail Waterdeep like that. But as @Entsuropi mentions, it already has a bunch of info available for it. And UM is in the thousands hours to detail to my satisfaction.

For instance, even though many of the levels have had maps released in the past, none are useable today for two reasons; 1) None are done at a level of quality we would find acceptable today, 2) I've not been able to get anyone at WotC interested in discussing licensing. So, I do have permission to redo them using the same layout (so if you are familiar with the old poster maps or FRIA), but I have to do them anew. Plus, the mentioned but un-detailed changes that have happened here and there (like the destruction of Skullport and other places).

Then, I have to think out the various power groups, their goals and territories etc. Create plots, detail interactions that the DM can use to make the UM a living place rather than a static one.

Finally, don't forget the thousands of room descriptions, that I don't use a random generator to create. And, of course, all the monsters, traps and encounters :)

It's fun, but I'm not taking on anymore than the UM *G*

Thanks for the encouragement :)
Any update?
Any info (what page count you aim for? Will you sell it as one single pdf or as a module serie on DMsGuild?)

Inviato dal mio ASUS_Z00AD utilizzando Tapatalk

Any update?
Any info (what page count you aim for? Will you sell it as one single pdf or as a module serie on DMsGuild?)

I plan to tie it in with the release of the movie and whatever product WotC releases. Probably late this year, but I might be pushed to release it sooner if the movie looks to come out earlier. The more time, the more of the levels I will have ready.

I plan to release a setting guide and then one module for each level. Originally I had only planned to release it as a Fantasy Grounds module, but I have been working with a way to convert FG to formatted text, so I might be able to have a PDF version as well.

Without artwork, my first pass indicates the first level will be over 100 pages. Depends on how stat blocks end up being done.

I wasn't originally going to do a PDF because of the difficulty organizing all the rooms to the story entries and getting all of the content out of FG and into formatted text. But, since I think I have a handle on that, I'll be trying.

wwanno

First Post
I plan to tie it in with the release of the movie and whatever product WotC releases. Probably late this year, but I might be pushed to release it sooner if the movie looks to come out earlier. The more time, the more of the levels I will have ready.

I plan to release a setting guide and then one module for each level. Originally I had only planned to release it as a Fantasy Grounds module, but I have been working with a way to convert FG to formatted text, so I might be able to have a PDF version as well.

Without artwork, my first pass indicates the first level will be over 100 pages. Depends on how stat blocks end up being done.

I wasn't originally going to do a PDF because of the difficulty organizing all the rooms to the story entries and getting all of the content out of FG and into formatted text. But, since I think I have a handle on that, I'll be trying.
Please release PDF! And f**k the artwork, 100 page of text is all we need! The faster the better :D

I am waiting your work with trepidation!

There's references to pretty much all the settings dotted around the core rulebooks.

A product I might want to see is a book on campaign settings.
looking at the campaign settings from DnD spending about 30 pages on each setting.
including some history of the setting and what makes it diferent from other settings, and a few pages might be crunch races class options and monsters that you would need to play that setting.
It might also refrence products you can get as pdf in the classic section of the Dmguild if you want more world info

Remove ads