D&D 5E Spell Cards for D&D 5E using Magic Set Editor (MSE)

pdzoch

Explorer
Game file have been updated to support latest spell domain updates from Unearthed Arcana. Included are the three Cleric Domains: Forge, Grave, and Protection. Included are two warlock patrons: The Seeker, and the Undying Light. Included is the Deep Stalker Ranger domain. Included is the Abyssal Arcana for the Tiefling Subrace. Included is the Stormborn Domain for the Sorcerer origin.

Game file support all styles.

Scroll Style has been updated to include watermark and scroll ribbons for latest spell domains.

pdzoch

Explorer
New style file has been added to create Spell Slot cards. Style file has four themes: simple (number centric), bold (color centric), classes (class icon identifiers added), and black magic (with unique spell effects on each spell slot level). The style file can be used to create spell slot cards on its own or re-skin your current spell library into spell slot cards.

pdzoch

Explorer
[Updated to include latest Spell Domains from Unearthed Arcana] 2016-12-28

Game file has been updated to support latest spell domain updates from Unearthed Arcana. Included are the two Paladin Oaths: Conquest and Treachery. Included are two spell domains from the Modern spell domains from Unearthed Arcana: Included are a warlock patron: Ghost in the Machine; and the cleric domain: City.

Game file support all styles.

Scroll Style has been updated to include watermark and scroll ribbons for latest spell domain updates.

Dax Doomslayer

Adventurer
Hi pdzoch,
These cards look amazing and I'd really like to use these. However, I'm actually new to this program (MSE2) and am trying to upload these and having issues seeing any of these files. I've been trying to find some sort of documentation to help me but I can't. Thus, I was hoping you'd be kind enough to answer a couple of questions. My first question is, do these work with MSE2? Or is it MSE only (I've downloaded MSE2)? If this should be MSE and not MSE2, that could very well be my problem (but if so, a follow on question is does MSE work with Windows 10 do you know) ? Otherwise, I'm downloading your files from EN World and then extracting them to the Data folder in MSE. However, when I do so, and I'm not seeing anything extracted - only what looks to be the base templates for Magic; Vanguard; VS and Yu-Gi-Oh. However, all the folders that were extracted do show up there when I look using File Explorer. I must be doing something wrong somewhere and it's probably something dumb and was hoping you'd have some guidance. If not, no worries but I'd thought I'd ask. The cards look amazing and I'm playing with my nieces and nephews and I think these would be a huge help. Thanks in advance.

pdzoch

Explorer
Hi pdzoch,
These cards look amazing and I'd really like to use these. However, I'm actually new to this program (MSE2) and am trying to upload these and having issues seeing any of these files. I've been trying to find some sort of documentation to help me but I can't. Thus, I was hoping you'd be kind enough to answer a couple of questions. My first question is, do these work with MSE2? Or is it MSE only (I've downloaded MSE2)? If this should be MSE and not MSE2, that could very well be my problem (but if so, a follow on question is does MSE work with Windows 10 do you know) ? Otherwise, I'm downloading your files from EN World and then extracting them to the Data folder in MSE. However, when I do so, and I'm not seeing anything extracted - only what looks to be the base templates for Magic; Vanguard; VS and Yu-Gi-Oh. However, all the folders that were extracted do show up there when I look using File Explorer. I must be doing something wrong somewhere and it's probably something dumb and was hoping you'd have some guidance. If not, no worries but I'd thought I'd ask. The cards look amazing and I'm playing with my nieces and nephews and I think these would be a huge help. Thanks in advance.

These files are written for MSE 2.
Each zip file will need to be extracted separately as its own folder in the data folder of MSE. Ensure that you have also extracted the .game file as well as the symbols/font file. Without the .game file, none of the templates will be visible. I often extract a template file outside of MSE to inspect it to be ensure it is complete, then I will copy the template folder into the MSE/data folder. Hopefully, this will help. If not, shoot me a message and we will work through this together.

Dax Doomslayer

Adventurer
Ahhh ha! I'm a total dolt. Your email made me go back to the data folder to look to see if I extracted the .game file. What I noticed is while I extracted the base folder, each individual folder was compressed still. Once I unpacked them, I can see each template. These things are terrific and very pretty. Thanks for all your hard work!! Even has drop downs etc so really it's just typing in text which I can handle. If I have any questions I may be back (I appreciate your kindness in answering my question). I noticed you also did Treasure Cards (which will be helpful too - wahoo!! ) but I wondering out of curiosity if you had something like this for say Class Abilities. I'm trying to go through the download section here and there are a lot of pages - lol.

One question, where do you get your art from for the magic items etc? Is it that you just google images or something?

Last edited:

pdzoch

Explorer
Ahhh ha! I'm a total dolt. Your email made me go back to the data folder to look to see if I extracted the .game file. What I noticed is while I extracted the base folder, each individual folder was compressed still. Once I unpacked them, I can see each template. These things are terrific and very pretty. Thanks for all your hard work!! Even has drop downs etc so really it's just typing in text which I can handle. If I have any questions I may be back (I appreciate your kindness in answering my question). I noticed you also did Treasure Cards (which will be helpful too - wahoo!! ) but I wondering out of curiosity if you had something like this for say Class Abilities. I'm trying to go through the download section here and there are a lot of pages - lol.

One question, where do you get your art from for the magic items etc? Is it that you just google images or something?

The Horizontal template can support class abilities. If you switch to the style tab, you can deselect the "spellcard" option and it will pretty much give you a blank card to use. The "Cunning Action" sample card in the OP is an example of this feature. I tend to use a common background by class (as a way to identify class and racial features), the title of the action, then the simplified rules for easy reference.

I also use it to create a set of "Long Rest" and "Short Rest" (with images of a campsite and a adventuring party taking a break respectively) to have on the reverse of abilities and spell slots to identify which are expended until a rest and what type of rest is needed.

Remove ads