D&D 5E Spell Cards for D&D 5E using Magic Set Editor (MSE)

pdzoch

Explorer
[MAJOR Update to Game File and several Style Files] 2017-01-16

I’ve just completed a major overhaul of the game file that will add massive flexibility to users.

Game File. Code has been rewritten and additional scripts and word lists added to the game folders. This update allows all drop down fields to be editable to accommodate homebrew and other game systems. To date, the file had only supported D&D 5e classes. I have also been updating the files to support new additions from the Unearthed Arcana. Now, the fields allow you to enter you own material. Below is the breakdown of the changes:

Spell Class: Includes D&D 5e and UA, but now you can enter older classes from D&D or other systems.
Spell Domains: Includes D&D 5e and UA domains, but now you can enter custom spell domains.
Spell Schools: Includes traditional D&D nine magic schools, but now you can add your own.
Spell Levels: Includes Cantrip to 9th Level, now allows to other level types (just in case)
Spell Casting Time, Spell Range, and Spell Duration: Includes D&D 5e data, but can accommodate any data from any system now.

Download and replace current game folder. Download will include all necessary game files.
Some style files will need to be re-downloaded to work with the new game file design.

Three Style Files were updated to accommodate the new game file design:
The Draconic template, the Spell Scroll template, and the Spell Slot template.
The templates are designed to provide icon/symbols representation based on the D&D 5e system. Custom levels and magic schools are not represented in the Draconic style.
Custom level and classes are not represented in the Spell Slot style. Spell Slot style does include an icon for the Artificer class recently published in Unearthed Arcana.
Custom levels and magic schools are represented by a common icon in the Spell Scroll style. Custom Domains are note represented in the Spell Scroll style. (Though I am working on the option)
To assist in the completing of spell cards in the Spell Scroll template, I have added an edit mode and provided a transparent color font as a choice for edit mode fields.

These three Style Files will need to be downloaded and replace the older style folders to update the styles to work with the new game file: The Draconic template, the Spell Scroll template, and the Spell Slot template.

All other styles, which present the information in text form, work without any additional changes or downloading of updates.

Lots of work went into this to create flexibility for the users and allow support for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Edition D&D as well as Pathfinder and other RPG systems with spells. I am examining other RPG systems than can be supported. If you have a preference, let me know.
I will continue to provide these files for free on this site, and will continue to update the files as needed for the community. I appreciate your support.

Last edited:

pdzoch

Explorer
[Micro update to Game File] 2017-01-16

Just as soon as I published a major update to the file, Unearthed Arcana releases an update to a spell caster. Anyway, I just did a minor update to the game file to Support the new UA Ranger: Horizon Walker and Primeval Guardian. If you downloaded the major update today, you will need the minor update to add the new Ranger Domains. Update to the Spell Scroll style in the works.

pdzoch

Explorer
So is there any way to make this work on a Mac?
Sorry. The templates are limited to the capabilities of the Magic Set Editor. There is a large community of support for the program, but I do not think there is Mac support yet. I know it has been a requested feature from the community, but MSE is a fan support now. Not sure it will ever happen.

Sent using EN World app.

pdzoch

Explorer
[Update to Game File and Scroll Style] 2017-03-20

Finally got around to creating scroll imprints and ribbons for the new spell domains.

Updated to Game file to include Hexblade, The Raven Queen Patron and Metal Magic to Support UA Warlock and Sorcerer options.

Spell Scroll style updated to include ribbon and imprints to support Hexblade, The Raven Queen patron, Metal Magic, Horizon Walker, and Primeval Guardian spell domains.

All caught up now.

pdzoch

Explorer
[Updated to include latest Spell Domains from Unearthed Arcana] 2017-3-28

Game file has been updated to support latest spell domain updates from Unearthed Arcana. Included is the Monster Slayer Ranger Domains and the Paladin Oath of Redemption.

Scroll Style has been updated to include watermark and scroll ribbons for latest spell domains.

Remove ads