D&D 5E Spell & Crossbones

[section]Kid gave Katerina a sunny smile. He grasped her hand and tugged. "C'mon, Cap'n. I've someone you'll be wantin' ter meet." The lad looked back at Nia. "You too, lass."[/section]

Shayuri

First Post
Nia is quiet for a moment, measuring the Kid. Whatever trust Kat placed in him, it was clear Nia wasn't. Not yet.

She nods at Katerina though.

"As you say, Captain. Follow, and I will follow also."

Quickleaf

Legend
The Verguenzas (Arawak house)

Komiauk the piaman (medicine man) hesitantly traces his fingers over the dreamcatcher, though he can't bring himself to touch it. His eyes say what his words do not - there is something heavy about this object, a sort of ominous weight those trained to sense such things can feel. Slowly he nods, motioning for Etienne to be seated on the floor cushions with him. "As long as you're not trading alcohol. The drinking among the boys was so bad I stopped using it in my remedies entirely. Yes, a pearl, I see. Luca can fetch one for you - there's a diving spot not far from here..."

Getting up spryly, the old piaman hollers out the window at his grandson Luca, who makes some lazy retort. With a knowing smile, Komiauk shakes his head and sits back down. "That boy! He'll do it." He pauses, gathering his thoughts, sipping the tea which has a slight...loosening...effect on the mind thanks to the mushrooms added to it. "I cannot heal your soul, fur hat, for I only have the power to heal a man's body and mind. You must look to your soul. I can tell you this, however: the weight you feel, the weight in this dream-catcher, it will not be lifted until the white skin finds its true purpose. What feels like a burden now will release you."

Abruptly, Komiauk falls silent as if he has decided he said too much. After holding Etienne's gaze a bit longer, Komiauk closes his eyes and leans back in reverie. "Remember, pearls, magic -- they are only as clear as the mind that wields them."

Last edited:

peterka99

First Post
Etienne is a little disappointed by Komiauk's vague response. " I thank you very much for your help. I hope I'll find its true purpose. I guess the Frenchman is my only hope.

Well, I brought you fine ware next to the alcohol.
(Then with a smile) Or maybe you want to keep it for yourself. Privilege of old age. I'll wait with Luca for your Cacique. The afternoon is a good time for trading."

OOC: Do you want to roleplay trading ? Maybe a little canoe ride with Luca ? Feel free to fast-forward as it suits you

Last edited:

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"Alight, alright, we're coming along," Katerina chuckled at the boy's enthusiasm. "You're not going to give us even a tiny hint as to who we are about to see?" She asked while she followed. No doubt the Kid had something... Exciting... Planned.

[section]"Tiny clue, eh, Cap'n? Does wicked smart, tall, and a bit o' mystery suit yer fancy?" Kid quipped, pleased that Katerina and Nia agreed to accompany him back to the tavern. He didn't mention Barrington's surname, unsure whether cap'n Jim would like that. Instead, he rambled amiably about things he'd seen wash up on shore and exchanged local scuttlebutt with the ladies in his company. He tried not to shoot admiring glances at Nia as the three walked, but damned if her hair and eyes weren't, well, distinct. He didn't, however, bother to hide his open admiration of Katerina's corseted chest; a boy will be a boy. 'Sides, Kat was near enough like a sister, so she wouldn't mind a peek or two. He hoped.[/section]

OOC: OK, [MENTION=20323]Quickleaf[/MENTION], I think we've got Kat, Nia, and Kid ready to return to the Blackreef tavern. Here's hoping Kat doesn't kill Kid on the spot when she discovers that he wants her to meet with Barrington. :) Thanks, [MENTION=8058]Queenie[/MENTION], for taking a minute to update. I know you guys are on vacation, and I hope you're having a jolly time. For sure you're missed (would you believe that someone else in another thread asked me last night when this one would update?! We have an active audience, it seems), but your time with family is more important by a long shot.

Shayuri

First Post
Nia kept half an eye on the Kid as they walked, and noted his occasional glances back at her. Her face was devoid of expression though, though there was a certain disapproving aura to her in that lack. At the description, she thought there were a few candidates that could fit. The most likely two was the other Captain who was racing them to the Gloriosa...and the man whom Kat had spurned.

"An Englishman," she said to the Kid. "A man of the sea, who no longer sails under the flag of his birth."

That probably applied either way, but Nia hoped the Kid's reaction would settle the question. People often ceased guarding their secrets if they believed them secret no more.

[section]Kid blinked, whether from the bright sun or Nia's shrewd guess, she couldn't be sure. Then he shook his head and resumed his lopsided grin. "Yer quick ter pin a flag on someones, Missus Nia. But no, t'were the demiculverin an' the Mary Sue I were referin' to." He looked to both women, hoping to see a flicker of interest in the mention of ship cannons and a gun.[/section]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases