• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Spell & Crossbones

peterka99

First Post
OOC: I'll chant only if there is a ritual...

Etienne smiles and says:" My canoe can fit the whole party. I can bring you there when you'll want it".

Shayuri

First Post
"De Narrows," Nia says to herself, looking away. "Hm. Dere's no natural ship dat could sail troo dere...but I doubt dad is what we'd be dealin' wit'."

"So it sounds to me as if de 'seawolf' is involved in all dis simply because you are," she adds to de Tourbillion. "I've heard nodding dat implies he's after de wreck for any odder reason."

Quickleaf

Legend
du Tourbillon frowns, as if forced to accede a fact he'd been struggling with for several years, "Indeed, it would seem that way, mademoiselle. I'll learn what I can of this L'Ollonais, though I suspect there will be scant reliable sources here in Nassau. It's imperative that whatever vendetta this captain carries against my person not interfere with your getting underway."

A knock falls upon the door, signaling Badouin's return with four swabs to help with the transport or guarding of D'avard. After a moment of whispers exchanged between your enigmatic employer and his man Badouin, du Tourbillon walks your party out onto the veranda overlooking the Colonial Hotel courtyard, "It would seem there is a man looking for you, Madam Corazon, at the tavern. Might I suggest taking a moment's respite - it looks like you've been running all night. There are old wine cellars beneath the Hotel where we could keep this scoundrel--" he gestures to the unconscious D'avard, "until you are ready to retrieve him." He casts a curious eye toward Nia Steeleyes, suggesting the Frenchman has an inkling that Nia has plans for D'avard.

Once the matter of D'avard is resolved, you once again head down the hill toward Blackreef's Tavern. The sun has now set and the raucous cries of pirates can be heard echoing thru the Nassau night. A busy night at the tavern. Bodies are packed into the old waterfront ramshackle of a building, with several spilling out the door. A ship has made berth with tales of plunder from the Spanish Main. You're lucky to get a table.

Among the crowd, Katerina can make out the faces of a few of Read Wallace's crew along with his quartermaster, who casts a sidelong glance at your party before going back to drinking.

Last edited:

Queenie

Queen of Everything
OOG: Are we still playing [MENTION=20323]Quickleaf[/MENTION]? I'll make a post if we are, and I really really hope we are!!

peterka99

First Post
Etienne then stares at a long thin figure, a man in leather. He can sense an aura of ... resolution. He is unsure it is real or only his imagination. Definitely not a werewolf, he can swear. He walks in his direction.

Matthan

Explorer
Blaise nods at the man approaching him. He holds up a freshly cut cigar. “A filthy habit I know, but my last captain was short on salary and I had to take what pay I could. Might as well indulge, right? Perhaps you would care to join me?” he offers as he reaches into his coat to produce another cigar and motions towards an empty seat.

peterka99

First Post
Etienne accepts the cigar.

A Creole, so I can hear. I'm also French but from Canada. Etienne Rougeau.

It seems New Providence Island is far more hospitable to our kinsmen that my own people are to New England dwellers. It is like War is thousands of leagues away here... I'm a merchant and a treasure-hunter.

What business brings you here ?

Matthan

Explorer
Blaise beams a wide smile as he continues in French."Then, we are both far from home. Blaise Arceneau at your service. Sliding a knife from his belt, he lays his cigar on the table and with a practiced roll of the cigar while rocking the blade, he neatly slices the tip off. He jabs the tip of the blade into the table with a nod towards Etienne as he lights the sliced end from a nearby candle. "I am so happy to have met you this evening, Etienne. Let me lay my cards on the table. I just got to this island and need to make a name for myself. If you'll forgive my bluntness, I am a capable man, a fair sailor, and a fine gunner. I can find work on a ship. However, I don't want to work on just any ship."

"Loose lips around the bar this evening have been gossiping about a crew gathering for a treasure hunt. I want on that crew and I think I see in you more than mere kinship of heritage. No, I see that you are a capable man yourself and by the look in your eyes, I'm willing to wager that you are a man who would be willing to take a risk for a shot at great treasure. Now, the best way that I see to make sure that we both end up on that crew is to make them want us to be on that crew."

He takes a short puff of the cigar as he continues, "There's a bulletin board outside the tavern filled with odd little postings. A provisioner named Moray has asked for help taking out a few goblins who stole his rum. The pay isn't great, but it does strike me as a great opportunity for a few men to make a quick reputation for themselves on this island. While the rest of these sailors are in here getting drunk and wasting their wages, we could go out and prove ourselves a cut above the rest of this rabble. After all, slaughtering some goblins would have to be more impressive to a captain than how much liquor you can hold without passing out."

"That's why I'm glad to have met you, Etienne. You look like a man who can handle himself. The post mentioned three goblins and genuinely three goblins wouldn't be much to concern myself over. But, those little vermin have a tendency to come in larger packs. I need someone capable to watch my back in case there is a nest of these foul critters. With any luck, it's just a few goblins, and we could have this sorted quickly, earn our reward, and capitalize on our small bit of renown to get a position on this expedition's crew."

A large smile breaks out over his face as he taps the table with the unlit end of his cigar, "And I saved the most tantalizing bit for last." His voice drops to a whisper as he leans in, "The gossip mongers say that this expedition is seeking La Gloriosa del Mar."

Blaise sits back with a gleam in his eye, "What do you say, Etienne? Care to make a name for ourselves for a chance at more treasure than we have ever seen?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads