D&D 5E Spell & Crossbones

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"Fulkey, Fulkey, Fulkey, Amigo, where have you been? I've misshed you," Kat said with a sly smile, raising her glass to the pirate sitting beside her. "Shi, shi, I have. Though truth be told, I have been quite busy myshelf. Plansh finally coming together and all that..."

She took some large gulps of rum, feeling ecstatic as the sweetness burned down her throat. "Si, I have misshed this," she sighed. It wasn't clear if she was referring to Smyth or the rum.

Suddenly the Captain laughed at the pirate next to her. "You know every time we play cardsh I beat you Fulkey, are you looking for a beating? I know just how much you enjoy losing to me..."

Another hearty laugh escaped her before she playfully pouted, "Though Ulsta already forbade the knivesh, and I did promisa I would be a good girl."

"Otherwish I am quite contented to watch you use that tongue of yours to make those Singing Pirates stop their shong. Though 'tis just a ploy to get ush to buy your drinksh, it might be worth the entertainment."

Sent from my iPad using EN World mobile app

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Nia nods at Blaise demurely, with just a hint of a smile.

"I hope so as well. You are welcome."

She looked at Kat and Zef and said, "Captain. We should get an early start tomorrow. You and Zef should get some sleep."

Fenris

Adventurer
"I don't need to sleep Nia I am perfectly fine. " say Zef standing up and enunciating with precise diction. He grins at his effort as he falls straight forward onto the floor.

Matthan

Explorer
Blaise rolled his eyes and shook his head as the dwarf collapsed on the floor. "Good luck with that, Nia," he said with a wry smile. "I'll be back in a bit. I want to pay a visit to those Spaniards before they hang in the morning. If they have angered Blackbeard enough to have them killed, I want to know what they know. I'm going to grab Etienne and see if he would like to come along. We'd be glad to have your company as well."

OOC: @Quickleaf: Is there a church or mission on the island? Blaise wants to liberate some priestly frocks to go and offer last rites.

Anyone else who wants to come is welcome. I just think our Captain and Mage aren't up for the excursion at the moment. Besides them being loud and obvious is a pretty great cover for a late night excursion.

peterka99

First Post
Etienne replies to Blaise: "Hummm... Good idea, the Spaniards. Maybe we'll get ammo against Blackbeard- or even shipmates. We can sneak there, or you can let me create a diversion- I own furs in my warehouse-let's pretend a wild animal wreak havok in the neighbourhood. You'll have plenty of time to speak to the Spaniards. Habla Espanol, por supuesto ?

For the church, I'll pass. We Canadians are not very fond of masses."

Matthan

Explorer
Blaise smiles as he claps the fur trader on the back. "That's the spirit! Let's try to not make a ruckus if we can help it though. This island has ears everywhere and every whisper seems to make its way back to one man. Let's see if we can avoid a spectacle that would destroy any surprise advantage we may gain. I don't want to break in. It's a high risk with an uncertain reward. If we can get our hands on some priestly frocks, then we might be able to just convince the guards to let us in for final confession and to administer last rites. No fighting and no reason for anyone to think twice about it. If that fails, we may get lucky and the cells may be against an outer wall with a window that we can speak to them through."

Blaise continues, "As for Espanol, I'm afraid the languard is beyond me. It would be nice to have a Spaniard with us," he casts a glance at Katarina lifting her mug up in a drunken cheer, "but I'm afraid we don't have one able to help us and we don't have time to wait. Hopefully, we'll have some kind of common tongue to communicate. I know that if I was set to die in the morning there are things that I would want heard even if it was just curses toward my executioners. Let's see if we can't give them a willing ear."

peterka99

First Post
Etienne answers to his fellow countryman:

"Hmmm.... I don't like deception. And clergymen. There are scores of those back in the North- they always try to force free men to kneel and pray an invisible God. Better praise the Nature Spirits- at least they answer your supplications.

Well, I speak Spanish- least than Albion's tongue they speak on this island, better than Arawak and Pawnee. I can mumble dozen of languages...

Let me retrieve some trinkets from the warehouse to give the guard... I should have a silver laiden cross of two..."

Shayuri

First Post
"Good luck," Nia grunts as she hunkers down to try to cantilever Zef back into his chair. Gods and devils, why were dwarfs so HEAVY?

"If you cannot learn anyting from dem, find out where dey'll be buried at least."

Queenie

Queen of Everything
OOC: I'm not keen on splitting up the party again, but you're already on your way out so go have fun. We'll meet up eventually :)

I am assuing Kat does not yet know you are leaving.

Kat laughed at Nia, "Aww, just leave 'em. He'sh used to sleeping in worse."

She leaned in conspiratorially, "Don't mind this one," she nodded towards Smyth, "He's no trouble. Well, not for you." She laughed again heartily.

"There'sh supposed to be some French sailorsh looking for work, try to keep an eye out for them here. I think they'd make a fine addition to our crews. I want to find them before ^%$&(*^ Wallace doesh. Their information is poshted on the board outshide but why make the trip if we don't have to? Of courshe, there could be any manner of interesting peoplesh around."

Matthan

Explorer
OOC: I wouldn't split the party if this situation didn't have a literal *dead*line attached. I promise we'll be quick. *famous last words*

"Fair enough, my friend," Blaise says with a smile. "Let's try the direct approach. We'll go and speak with the jailor and try to have a word with the prisoners. I don't suppose you know any tricks that will make the jailor let us in if our words and your crosses aren't enough?"

Remove ads