• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spell Decks by Paradigm Concepts

Jaws

First Post
What happened to their Spell Decks?
I saw them at GenCon.
Did they have to trash it because of changes in the SRD?

Peace and smiles :)

j.

Paradigm

First Post
Jaws said:
What happened to their Spell Decks?
I saw them at GenCon.
Did they have to trash it because of changes in the SRD?

Peace and smiles :)

j.

No worries on the SRD front. The Spell Name changes will be accounted for in reprints. Our first print run was issued under the "gentleman's agreement" and has the draft SRD verbage.

If you were at GenCon you may have noticed that the Spell Decks looked kinda battered. There was a simple packaging issue on the printing end of it, basically the printer made the boxes too large. That has been corrected and Mysteries of the Arcane should be in stores shortly with the other titles following shortly thereafter.

We will keep everyone informed.

Thanks!

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Awesome.

I'm looking forward to picking these up.

(And honest, it has NOTHING to do with some of my spells being in there... honest)

Re: Re: Spell Decks by Paradigm Concepts

Paradigm said:

No worries on the SRD front. The Spell Name changes will be accounted for in reprints. Our first print run was issued under the "gentleman's agreement" and has the draft SRD verbage.

If you were at GenCon you may have noticed that the Spell Decks looked kinda battered. There was a simple packaging issue on the printing end of it, basically the printer made the boxes too large. That has been corrected and Mysteries of the Arcane should be in stores shortly with the other titles following shortly thereafter.

We will keep everyone informed.

Thanks!

As part of ( much ) earlier announcement, I believe it was announced that Paradigm would be providing web support for this product. I think it was a web tool that would allow users to input spells not provided in card form ( ie - of our own creation or from new d20 products etc...) , enabling users to get a print out of these spells.

I was excited about this then, but haven't heard a word about it since. This service was gonna be a deal breaker for me, as I would only buy the cards if I could have ALL of a PC's spells in card format.

Soooo -- is Paradigm still gonna offer this?

J

ParadigmPrez

First Post
Hello,

We will indeed be offering this service in some format (we're still deciding the best way to do this) but for obvious reasons it doesn't make much sense to offer it before the Spell Decks are released.

Best,

ParadigmPrez said:
Hello,

We will indeed be offering this service in some format (we're still deciding the best way to do this) but for obvious reasons it doesn't make much sense to offer it before the Spell Decks are released.

Best,

Sweet! I'll be adding these to my budget thank you very much!

Danzilla

First Post
Re: Re: Re: Spell Decks by Paradigm Concepts

BigFreekinGoblinoid said:

As part of ( much ) earlier announcement, I believe it was announced that Paradigm would be providing web support for this product. I think it was a web tool that would allow users to input spells not provided in card form ( ie - of our own creation or from new d20 products etc...) , enabling users to get a print out of these spells.

I was excited about this then, but haven't heard a word about it since. This service was gonna be a deal breaker for me, as I would only buy the cards if I could have ALL of a PC's spells in card format.

Soooo -- is Paradigm still gonna offer this?

J

Originally posted by ParadigmPrez

I would be very simple to make a pdf containing the Card background with the text fields on the front customizable by the user...just an idea...

if you need any help or advice on putting this together let me know... I’ve done quite a bit of work on putting customizable forms together in the past...

Danzilla

ParadigmPrez said:
Hello,

Best,
[/QUOTE

Ok, so I've seen them now ( and have seen them in 2 out of 3 of my LGS ), and they look AWESOME. I really like how you note the "source" on each card. I have to admit that some sources you list must be from products I have never seen ( or heard of ?), but I'm using way too many 3rd party spells that will not be in any boxed set - so - what are the current plans for the web support?

I really wanna buy these, but just can't do it until I can print out the auxillary spells I'll need to complete my NPC's spell lists...

I am confident Paradigm will come through! In fact, I have been transcribing all the most likely candidates into excel for weeks, so I can cut & paste into your interface!

I'm sure your problem is logistics more than anything, right? Your not really worried about people using the web service then NOT buying your product are you? The touble someone would go through to print these extra's onto card stock makes each one printed comparably WAY more expensive than it would be to buy them! I think you guys will be able to use this service as GREAT selling tool if you market this right.

Anyway- I'm sure I'm getting to be like the bad pimple that won't go away before prom night, but since YOU guys threw out this idea, I'd just like to know where you stand on supporting it before I go out and spend $75 on products that will only cover an increasingly smaller % ( as I incorporate more 3rd party spells into my games ) of my spell needs...

- an impatient fanboy

Remove ads