Spell on the run?

Lichtenhart

First Post
Is there a feat that let you, say, move 15' - cast a spell- move back 15'? Something like spring attack and shot on the run. I can't find it.

kreynolds

First Post
I wouldn't be surprised if we see one soon. Casting a 1-action spell allows a standard move so it's perfectly feasable to have a feat that allows you to split your move before and after the spell. C'mon Wizards! Get on the ball here! This is a cool idea! :)

Last edited:

hong

WotC's bitch
Lichtenhart said:
Is there a feat that let you, say, move 15' - cast a spell- move back 15'? Something like spring attack and shot on the run. I can't find it.

Yes; it's called Quicken Spell.

It's very expensive, you say? Indeed it is. That's because there's essentially no downside to casting a spell on the move; unlike both Spring Attack and Shot on the Run, which require that you give up any iterative attacks you may otherwise have.

Galfridus

First Post
Re: Re: Spell on the run?

hong said:

Yes; it's called Quicken Spell.

It's very expensive, you say? Indeed it is. That's because there's essentially no downside to casting a spell on the move; unlike both Spring Attack and Shot on the Run, which require that you give up any iterative attacks you may otherwise have.

Quicken Spell would let you move 30', cast, and move 30'.

"Cast on the Run" would only let you move 30' total, since the casting takes an action.

I allow Cast on the Run as a parallel feat to Shot on the Run (same pre-reqs, applies to spellcasting rather than ranged weapons). The fact that you need three feats tends to balance the fact that you're not losing iterative attacks.

Remove ads