WOIN Spell Questions

Woundweaver

Explorer
Perhaps I'm reading this incorrectly, but the spell watery grave on pg 216 of OLD-HB-ONS-v1_2-draft06 seems like you could for very few MPs destroy a castle. Turn 5' high by 50 foot diameter section of a bulding's wall to water from 100 ft away.

Or even clear out a dungeon by turning the upper levels to water and let the water flow down and start drowning people.

Len

Prodigal Member
Perhaps I'm reading this incorrectly, but

In other words, "The party's mage wants to..." :)

the spell watery grave on pg 216 of OLD-HB-ONS-v1_2-draft06 seems like you could for very few MPs destroy a castle. Turn 5' high by 50 foot diameter section of a bulding's wall to water from 100 ft away.

Do you mean a 5-foot-high circular slice taken out of the castle's foundation? (I think that's what he was suggesting.) I don't think that works because you don't have line of sight to the area you're targeting - it's mostly inside the castle. I don't know if W.O.I.N. has explicit rules about line of sight or line of effect for targeting spells, but it probably should.

Maybe you could liquify the side wall of the castle that you can see, to a depth of 5 feet, but that would only damage one wall (and the outside wall might be thicker than 5 feet).

Or even clear out a dungeon by turning the upper levels to water and let the water flow down and start drowning people.

Again, I'd say you can only liquify the part of the floor/ceiling that you can see, which generally wouldn't be enough to flood the whole dungeon. Even then, the water would flow down and might trickle out without killing anyone. (If the dungeon was built to code, it'll have a basement drain and a proper weeping system.)

But go ahead and let him try, it could be fun, like that time he conjured a s***storm in a sewer.

Remove ads