D&D 5E Spelljammer 5E Poll

Did you buy and do you like what is being done with the 5E Spelljammer set?

• Yes, Bought. Yes, I liked.

Votes: 56 46.3%
  • Yes, Bought. No, I did not like.

Votes: 20 16.5%
  • No, bought. Yes, I liked.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • No, bought. No, I did not like.

Votes: 30 24.8%
  • Other...

Votes: 10 8.3%

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I like what I've seen in it so far. Wasn't really into 2e spelljammer so I guess I have no hangups about the previous edition that might colour my perception of it.

Burnside

Space Jam Confirmed
Supporter
Bought it, liked.

But breaking it down:

Adventure = awesome
Bestiary = good
New races = fine
Spelljamming mechanics & rules (travel, ship-to-ship combat, etc) = really bad

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Dad
The Amazon ranking thread got me wondering. We've seen some strong opinions, but I'm curious about two things.

1) Did you buy the new Spelljammer set?
2) Do you like the new Spelljammer set?

As always, feel free to leave details about your opinion - and your experiences with Spelljammer, old and new.
TBH I bought it and liked it. Coming from 2e SJ, Im familiar with the crunchier space combat rules. I don't think that those rules fit the design aesthetic of 5e. My players really prefer something simpler and more streamlined. That said, I did pick up a couple of DM's Guilds SJ combat rules pdfs that really round it out for me and my group. So, Im happy with it

Parmandur

Book-Friend
TBH I bought it and liked it. Coming from 2e SJ, Im familiar with the crunchier space combat rules. I don't think that those rules fit the design aesthetic of 5e. My players really prefer something simpler and more streamlined. That said, I did pick up a couple of DM's Guilds SJ combat rules pdfs that really round it out for me and my group. So, Im happy with it
Man, for me it's frustrating because I liked most of what was there: it was just 32-64 pages and an editing pass away from true greatness.

R_J_K75

Legend
Pretty sure this was the last 5E D&D product I bought and it put the nail in the coffin for 5E and D&D in general for me. I hate that every product has to have wasted space with an adventure. I'm just not a fan of the products that WotC is putting out these days and I'm disappointed that we are getting D&D 2024 instead of a new edition. So, I've moved on to another game system for fantasy RPGs.

dave2008

Legend
Pretty sure this was the last 5E D&D product I bought and it put the nail in the coffin for 5E and D&D in general for me. I hate that every product has to have wasted space with an adventure. I'm just not a fan of the products that WotC is putting out these days and I'm disappointed that we are getting D&D 2024 instead of a new edition. So, I've moved on to another game system for fantasy RPGs.
Interesting. I can't imagine a supplement turning me off from playing D&D. They are just not something that moves my needle that way. Everyone is different of course, but maybe that is the advantage of always playing in our own setting with our own adventures. All we have need to play for the past 9 years is the core 3 (and our house rules).

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Dad
Man, for me it's frustrating because I liked most of what was there: it was just 32-64 pages and an editing pass away from true greatness.
I don't disagree, I would've liked more content. But you are talking to a guy who still owns the SJ boxed set and a couple of the supplements. Im that guy but I also want more people to come to SJ who never played it.

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Dad
hate is a very strong word. Still, good for you.

Remove ads