Spelljammer Spelljammer Academy: Get Free Spelljammer Adventures From D&D Beyond

If you have a D&D Beyond account you can access a promotional Spelljammer supplement for free. Spelljammer Academy is a series of four adventures -- the first, available now, is called Orientation, and will be followed later by Trial by Fire, Realmspace Sortie!, and Behold....H'Catha. Fall in cadets! It's time for your introduction to Wildspace! Spelljammer Academy is a series of four...

If you have a D&D Beyond account you can access a promotional Spelljammer supplement for free. Spelljammer Academy is a series of four adventures -- the first, available now, is called Orientation, and will be followed later by Trial by Fire, Realmspace Sortie!, and Behold....H'Catha.

Fall in cadets! It's time for your introduction to Wildspace! Spelljammer Academy is a series of four adventures that will prepare you for your journeys into space, and it's available to you at no cost with your D&D Beyond account. In the first adventure, you’ll undergo your orientation at the Spelljammer Academy, where you'll learn whether you have what it takes to traverse the deadly expanse of the cosmos. Over time, subsequent adventures in Spelljammer Academy will drop. Unlock one adventure in the series and you'll automatically receive the others upon their release.

5620DC8B-4221-4610-BD36-D650EC2027A9.jpeg

It is really weird how some people think that being free magically shields a particular thing against the same exact kind of discourse and criticism it would get if it weren't free. Why would "free" mean everyone had to immediately love everything about it? And what if it is only temporarily free? Are we allowed to complain about it after if it sold, even if we still have the "free" version? What if it isn't really "free" because it requires you sell your data and eyeballs for it? Are we allowed to talk about it then?
And you always come with this same complaint about free stuff about wanting it in PDF form. So maybe actually talk about the actual content instead of the form it takes.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Well it would have been a pdf, but the D&D Beyond Purchase happened so a PDF became pointless. And reading it on the D&D Beyond site is just as coinvent as a PDF.
Demonstrably untrue. No offline access without pain-in-the-rear print from HTML shenanigans. I hate renting content, even if I'm not paying for it. They're basically letting you borrow their stuff.

Zaroden

Explorer
If you have a D&D Beyond account you can access a promotional Spelljammer supplement for free. Spelljammer Academy is a series of four adventures -- the first, available now, is called Orientation, and will be followed later by Trial by Fire, Realmspace Sortie!, and Behold....H'Catha.

Fall in cadets! It's time for your introduction to Wildspace! Spelljammer Academy is a series of four adventures that will prepare you for your journeys into space, and it's available to you at no cost with your D&D Beyond account. In the first adventure, you’ll undergo your orientation at the Spelljammer Academy, where you'll learn whether you have what it takes to traverse the deadly expanse of the cosmos. Over time, subsequent adventures in Spelljammer Academy will drop. Unlock one adventure in the series and you'll automatically receive the others upon their release.

View attachment 253246
Thank you!

Parmandur

Book-Friend
tried this. It doesn't give me very good results. The PDF ends up with navigation artifacts (the green up arrow) on every page, occasionally blocking the text, the background colour for the monster blocks appears only behind some of the block, and there are lots of orphaned headings. It's better than nothing, sure, but then I'd rather just save a local copy of the webpage.
Yeah, but that's what people are talking about.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Y'know, I would have appreciated a handful of premade characters to go with this, like the one above. I think it might have helped to set the tone of what the PC expectations are like.
I don't think they have PC expectations for this, beyond, "play whatever Adventurer's League allows you to play".

Remove ads

Remove ads