Spelljammer Spelljammer Confirmed? Adam Lee Drops Hints About "Jamming Out" Next Adventure Product

Parmandur

Book-Friend
So, no big details, but Adam Lee let drop on an interview that he is excited about the next Adventure that Chris Perkins is working on, and uses the odd phrase "jamming it out" in reference to it:

“We’re working on the next one right now,” Lee says. “That’s something that [D&D Senior Story Designer] Chris Perkins is working on. We’ve done a bunch of brainstorming, we did some initial story stuff, and we’ve been jamming it out and nearing completion. It’s great.”

Maybe it is an adventure with a skyship.

If the future Spelljammer has got a good gameplay for battleship, this means WotC could create vehicles for PCs, and Hasbro toys. We could be in d20 Modern 2.0 mash-up crossovers between Gamma World and M.A.S.K or visionaries. (I am not kidding. Gamma World could sell lots of cute furry anthropomorphic "Battle Beasts"). Maybe the first step would be a comic crossover between Transformers and Gamma World.

I wonder about Spelljammers, and other vehicles, with levels as the PCs. When its weapons could kill a monster like an enemy ship or a kaiju, then the XPs reward would be for the Spelljammer, not of the PCs.

DWChancellor

Kobold Enthusiast
All bard adventure path. Calling it now.

But, gosh. I'm thinking about Perkins and Crawford being involved in Spelljammer. Perfect sense of humor for it.

IMO Eberron beats all other D&D official settings =)

Picture this - A group of space-rock stars jam so hard they crash-land their Spelljammer into the Mournland. While inventing Death Metal, they discover the dark truth behind the Lord of Blades' plan to enforce a polka-only warforged hegemony on Khorvaire. Can they stop this awful plot and gain the lost secrets of Cannith necessary to fix their ship?

Last edited:

Remove ads