• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spelljammer d20

warcabbit

First Post
Darn it, I liked Giff.
They're bloody vikings, they are. Full of roisterous fun, cheerfully brutal mayhem, and, well, yes, explosives.

They're the cavalry, when your players are outgunned, the chaos that breaks up a quiet tavern and sends your players scurrying away. They're the other guy in jail who picked up this map on his last run, partied, got tossed in for drunk and disorderly and can't read it anyhow, but'll sell it for bail money.

And what about the space hamsters?

The minature giant space hamsters?

Who dares dislike Boo? Minsc will thrash!

(Edited to remove an r in Giff)

Last edited:

jasamcarl

First Post
Actually, Horacio

The setting was reconcieved precicely because the makers wanted its appeal to spread beyond the old fan base. I actually like it and would be more inclined to defend it in a point-by-point fashion on its merits instead of some vague, elitist allusion to a special fan base.....

Andy_Collins

First Post
warcabbit said:
Darn it, I liked Giff.

Me too!

Heck, I've got a running series of one-shot SJ-related adventures I've been using with groups of friends, and one of the starring PCs is a braver-than-he-is-smart giff marine named Markus Ozrick.

Don't assume that simply because we didn't have room for something in Spider Moon that it necessarily means we didn't like it. While there were certainly decisions we made about inclusion or exclusion based on personal likes & dislikes, most of the decisions revolved around a) the style we were aiming to capture, and b) the number of pages we had available to us.

Had I an extra 20 pages or so, I would have worked to expand the setting to allow room for additional sentient races (such as giff, mercane, and maybe neogi), more worlds, etc. But since I knew I didn't have the space to do 'em justice, I had to make the very tough decision to leave 'em out for another time.

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Andy_Collins said:

Me too!

Had I an extra 20 pages or so, I would have worked to expand the setting to allow room for additional sentient races (such as giff, mercane, and maybe neogi), more worlds, etc. But since I knew I didn't have the space to do 'em justice, I had to make the very tough decision to leave 'em out for another time.

So maybe we could see them on your website, Andy, that would be really nice :)

Remove ads