• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spelljammer Spelljammer Price Increase - a Poll (MISSING OPTION ADDED)

How has the price increase impacted your purchasing plans?

• No change - Will buy at FLGS (discounted or not)

Votes: 26 28.0%
  • No change - Will buy at online game store (or other independent vendor)

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • No change - will buy at Amazon (or other big corporation)

Votes: 21 22.6%
  • Change - would have bought at FLGS, but will buy at online game store because of price

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Change - would have bought at FLGS, but will buy at Amazon because of price

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Change - would have bought at online game store, but will buy at Amazon because of price

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided - because of price

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Undecided - not sure if product interests me

Votes: 15 16.1%
  • Not interested - regardless of price

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Will not buy because of price

Votes: 1 1.1%

Mercurius

Legend
I'm curious how the increase in the Spelljammer product has impacted your buying plans. What option fits your current plans?

Just clarify: By "online game store (or other independent vendor)" I mean any independently owned company that either specializes in RPGs, or is independently owned (e.g. Powells or Noble Knight). And "Amazon" could be another source, as long as it is a larger corporation that likely steeply discounts (e.g. Barnes & Noble or Walmart).

Parmandur

Book-Friend
It looks like $70. Which I think would be a bargain for a three-book boxed set. Am I missing something?
They are 64 page books, so all three combined are the same as Tasha's. Still has some nice table utility breaking them up, and a DM screen and big map.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
What price increase? They announced it was $70. It’s still $70. They didn’t say it was $50 then change the price after they announced it. It’s more than a standard hardback, yes, but it’s a slipcase with a screen, map, and three short books. No one said it would be a standard hardback.

Mercurius

Legend
What price increase? They announced it was $70. It’s still $70. They didn’t say it was $50 then change the price after they announced it. It’s more than a standard hardback, yes, but it’s a slipcase with a screen, map, and three short books. No one said it would be a standard hardback.
Because it is the same amount of material as a hardback, and a shorter one at that (e.g. Tasha's - not, say, Eberron at 320 pages or Ravenloft's 256 pages).

So if you're a budget-conscious buyer, $70 for 192 pages of material is definitely an increase from past offerings, regardless of how one frames it.

Remove ads