Spelljammer Spelljammer Price Increase - a Poll (MISSING OPTION ADDED)

How has the price increase impacted your purchasing plans?

• No change - Will buy at FLGS (discounted or not)

Votes: 26 28.0%
  • No change - Will buy at online game store (or other independent vendor)

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • No change - will buy at Amazon (or other big corporation)

Votes: 21 22.6%
  • Change - would have bought at FLGS, but will buy at online game store because of price

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Change - would have bought at FLGS, but will buy at Amazon because of price

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Change - would have bought at online game store, but will buy at Amazon because of price

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided - because of price

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Undecided - not sure if product interests me

Votes: 15 16.1%
  • Not interested - regardless of price

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Will not buy because of price

Votes: 1 1.1%

Mercurius

Legend
I'm curious how the increase in the Spelljammer product has impacted your buying plans. What option fits your current plans?

Just clarify: By "online game store (or other independent vendor)" I mean any independently owned company that either specializes in RPGs, or is independently owned (e.g. Powells or Noble Knight). And "Amazon" could be another source, as long as it is a larger corporation that likely steeply discounts (e.g. Barnes & Noble or Walmart).

Parmandur

Book-Friend
It looks like $70. Which I think would be a bargain for a three-book boxed set. Am I missing something?
They are 64 page books, so all three combined are the same as Tasha's. Still has some nice table utility breaking them up, and a DM screen and big map.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
What price increase? They announced it was $70. It’s still $70. They didn’t say it was $50 then change the price after they announced it. It’s more than a standard hardback, yes, but it’s a slipcase with a screen, map, and three short books. No one said it would be a standard hardback.

Mercurius

Legend
What price increase? They announced it was $70. It’s still $70. They didn’t say it was $50 then change the price after they announced it. It’s more than a standard hardback, yes, but it’s a slipcase with a screen, map, and three short books. No one said it would be a standard hardback.
Because it is the same amount of material as a hardback, and a shorter one at that (e.g. Tasha's - not, say, Eberron at 320 pages or Ravenloft's 256 pages).

So if you're a budget-conscious buyer, $70 for 192 pages of material is definitely an increase from past offerings, regardless of how one frames it.

Remove ads