Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

Nah, it's more like, "Audience, you're watching a movie that is a cartoon, but here is a character who is to these characters what a cartoon would be to us." Like, imagine if Bugs Bunny was in the next Deadpool movie. It's bloody bizarre, but it works, and it's not insulting anyone.
Like:
[video=youtube_share;qBzkAVEpHbA]https://youtu.be/qBzkAVEpHbA[/video]

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I was never into him, but as I recall, wasn’t Spider-Ham a spider who was bitten by a radioactive Aunt May Porker?

It was just May Porker - a scientist making a nuclear-powered hair dryer. She irradiated herself and in her delirium, bit the spider, who was transformed. She takes a role as his "aunt" after the fact.

"This is astounding! Am I a spider with the limitations of a pig? Or a pig with the proportionate strength and agility of a spider? I've become something greater than either spider or pig... I've become a Spider-Ham!"

(Note that at one point in the comics they contradict this story, and Spider-Ham thinks of his days as a young pig being raised by his loving aunt. When you are writing a spoof of your own company's work, continuity probably isn't your biggest concern.)

Last edited:

Janx

Hero
I never read a Spider-Ham, I just always remembered an outtake cartoon they had in other comics (like X-Men) of Mary Jane Water Buffalo telling Spider Ham, "Hug me, squeeze me like a water buffalo."

It left an impression. :)

It was a great movie. Spider Ham wasn't very prominent, but he was competent. He really was more akin to Bugs Bunny (competent and getting the upper hand) and not a fat joke.

Really, coming to that conclusion and not watching a well regarded movie because of it is a classic example of looking for offense where none was intended or given.

We got enough of that crap. Go watch the movie. Have a good time. Learn before you judge. I think that's even a lesson in the movie.

Remove ads