Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
To be brief...

...This movie is AWESOME!

It is, imho, among the top superhero films to date. And it is, I think, hands down the best *comic book* movie - and by this I mean a movie that's best at transferring over elements of the comic book medium to film.

So, finally Sony got something right.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I have been very disappointed with Marvel animated movies. WB seems to do a lot better with the DC content.
The pig spider has turned me off of it. Spiderman Noir and Spider woman look cool, though. I'm going to give it a try, but I may wait for a rental or maybe the second run theater.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I have been very disappointed with Marvel animated movies. WB seems to do a lot better with the DC content.

This is quite thorougly unlike any other piece of superhero animation I have seen.

The pig spider has turned me off of it.

Peter Porker, the Spectacular Spider-Ham is an entirely canon thing. What about the character puts you off?

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
This is quite thorougly unlike any other piece of superhero animation I have seen.

Peter Porker, the Spectacular Spider-Ham is an entirely canon thing. What about the character puts you off?

I'm probably presuming a lot. I'm unfamiliar with the character. I see a pig, I see a stand in for a fat guy. I don't care for the portrayal of over weight guys in movies. I think I jumped to conclusions. If he's not shoving food in his mouth all the time, tripping over his own feet, or dumb then I'll be happy to reevaluate my opinion.

Nah, it's more like, "Audience, you're watching a movie that is a cartoon, but here is a character who is to these characters what a cartoon would be to us." Like, imagine if Bugs Bunny was in the next Deadpool movie. It's bloody bizarre, but it works, and it's not insulting anyone.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I'm probably presuming a lot. I'm unfamiliar with the character. I see a pig, I see a stand in for a fat guy.

Ah. Well, have no fear. There's no fat shaming going on here.

Spider-Ham is there, I think, to make it abundantly clear that the multiverse can get kinda wacky.

Remove ads