Spider-Man: No Way Home *spoilers*

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Ultimately I have to respect that Dr Strange is an impulsive (and by that I mean reckless to the point of unethical) character in the comics, and so the portrayal in the movies is accurate with that. I guess the only way to reconcile that is with the notion that the Ancient One was a very poor teacher, who allowed an arrogant and impulsive person access to incredible power. You could argue that Ancient One herself is the most reckless of them all, and so Strange is just the apple not falling far from the tree.
in the first Doctor Strange movie is shown that after 9 months of basic learning in Kamar-Taj, Strange got fustrated and so stole the Eye of Agamotto from the library and then used it to mess with time so that he could learn everything, including forbidden knowledge. Throughout his training he is warned repeatedly about breaking the rules, which he is constantly pushing. He excels despite the Ancient One trying to make him slow down, only to find out that the Ancient One has been breaking the rules too by messing with the dark dimension to extend her life.

Eventually it is by breaking the rules of magic and locking himself and Domammu in a time-loop that he is able to save the universe.

So yes the Ancient One was reckless and allowed an impulsive person to weild incredible power - but its that willingness to break the rules that allows Strange to win victory in the face of cosmic doom, perhaps thats why the Ancient One declared him the greatest of us all...

MGibster

Legend
I was really surprised by how much I thought Benedict Cumberbatch looked like Jason Sudeikis performing in a sketch as Dr. Strange.

Mirtek

Hero
Wow, the after credit scene was just pure cruelty :(

They raised our hopes with the Venom 2 after credit scene. They let us feel the euphoria immediately with the NWH after credit scene only to tear it away in the blink of an eye.

Yes, there's now a piece left behind for a new MCU Venom, but come on, we wanted the Tom Hardy Venom in the MCU

Marc Radle

Legend
Wow, the after credit scene was just pure cruelty :(

They raised our hopes with the Venom 2 after credit scene. They let us feel the euphoria immediately with the NWH after credit scene only to tear it away in the blink of an eye.

Yes, there's now a piece left behind for a new MCU Venom, but come on, we wanted the Tom Hardy Venom in the MCU
I wouldn’t say ‘we’ because it implies everyone wanted that. I know plenty of folks (myself very much included) that have no interest in seeing Venom in the MCU whatsoever.

MGibster

Legend
Venom used to be one of my favorite Spider-Man villains. There were stronger, faster, and more brutal than Spider-Man and it was always a struggle for Peter to defeat them. I haven't seen the Venom movies because Venom without Spider-Man isn't really Venom.

Staffan

Legend
Venom used to be one of my favorite Spider-Man villains. There were stronger, faster, and more brutal than Spider-Man and it was always a struggle for Peter to defeat them. I haven't seen the Venom movies because Venom without Spider-Man isn't really Venom.
I was going to go on a spiel about how Venom is hard to do right in the movies, because there's not really enough room to deal with the black costume and it's abilities, and its effects on Peter. But looking back, it was only around in the comics for about half a year before it was revealed to be a symbiote. Of course, it took some time after that before we got Venom out of it, but still, it's not like we're talking Dark Phoenix levels of build-up.

269993277_4510689605651739_7043478923730689365_n.jpg

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases