• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spiderman 4 and 5....

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Personally I lost all interest in Spider-Man (comics and movies) after he made a deal w/ Joephisto to save his auntie's life. :devil:

The only thing they could do to save Spiderman would be to reveal that Aunt May was a Skrull in the last book Secret Invasion book and then have Peter Parker forced into killing her.

Sadly, Joe Quesada isn't that awesome.

LightPhoenix

First Post
I didn't even see the third movie, so obviously the answer for me is: no, I don't care enough about it. It wasn't that the first and second films were bad; I enjoyed them a lot in fact. I've just gotten sick of paying tons of money to see movies in the theater. By the time they come out on DVD I've mostly forgotten about them, which perhaps says more about the movie than it does about me.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
The first two were good films. The third was not compelling - while I think the symbiote storyline was a good one, Venom does nothing for me.

But two out of three ain't bad. I'd see a 4th.

horacethegrey

First Post
Sadly, Joe Quesada isn't that awesome.
A little off topic, but I just wanted say my piece.

I give Quesada some respect for the way he turned Marvel Comics around after becoming Editor in Chief. There's no doubt he injected a lot of vitality into the company so soon after their bankruptcy woes. There's no doubt he's done a lot of good for the so called 'House of Ideas'.

That said, he's also done a whole lot of bad stuff as well. I've not liked how he's given free reign to writers like Mark Millar and Brian Michael Bendis to make forceful changes to the Marvel Universe with little regard to continuity or characterization. I'm not enamored of how much slack he's cut some writers and artists for missing deadlines and delaying comics (Kevin Smith, Joss Whedon, Bryan Hitch). But One More Day is still his biggest sin in my book. I still can't accept the blatant disrespect for such a classic comic character and his devoted fans.

Taelorn76

First Post
Toby McGuire and every other actor has signed up to do two more films, how ever the Warbler (Kirsten Dunst) has yet to make any statement about doing the new films. So, two questions:

Do you even care about Spiderman enough to watch another two Spiderman movies that are not done by Marvel Studios?

Who should become the main bad guy of the next movie (besides Joe Quesada)?

Alright I am out of touch here.

Why wouldn't Marvel be involved with these movies?

Alright I am out of touch here.

Why wouldn't Marvel be involved with these movies?
Everything pre-Iron Man was made by licensing out the characters to other studios. That means Marvel has little to no hand in the movies, unlike things being made post-Iron Man, which is done by the new Marvel Studios and is directly owned by the company.

Silver Moon

Adventurer
Everything pre-Iron Man was made by licensing out the characters to other studios. That means Marvel has little to no hand in the movies, unlike things being made post-Iron Man, which is done by the new Marvel Studios and is directly owned by the company.

But with the exception of the Spiderman franchise, nothing pre-Iron Man have any future plans. We probably will see another non-Marvel Fantastic Four film, but chances are that Blade, Daredevil, Electra and Ghost Rider either won't be back again or, like Hulk, the current licensing rights will expire and the character(s) will then be reacquired and used by Marvel. In the meanwhile, Marvel has more than enough to do between Captain America, Thor, IronMan II, Antman and The Avengers.

But with the exception of the Spiderman franchise, nothing pre-Iron Man have any future plans. We probably will see another non-Marvel Fantastic Four film, but chances are that Blade, Daredevil, Electra and Ghost Rider either won't be back again or, like Hulk, the current licensing rights will expire and the character(s) will then be reacquired and used by Marvel. In the meanwhile, Marvel has more than enough to do between Captain America, Thor, IronMan II, Antman and The Avengers.
True...though I've heard a Silver Surfer movie is in the works. No idea if that's Marvel Studios, but I hope it is.

I truly WANT Marvel to get a hold of their stuff again, but its likely to take many years, even if the other franchises don't get more sequels. :(

Darth Shoju

First Post

I had heard that Ghost Rider did well enough financially to make a sequel likely. Considering how bad it was (though the graphics were good), I'm hoping that was just a rumour.

Remove ads