• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spiderman 4 and 5....

Staffan

Legend
I would vote Lizard, but for one issue. So far, every main* villain we've seen in a Spiderman movie has been the result of a scientific accident. I'd like to see them go a different route at least once before returning to that method.
Most superheroes have villains that fit their theme. The X-Men deal with mutants and mutant-hunters, the FF deal with big monsters, rival geniuses, and aliens, and Spider-Man deals with science freaks.

Take a look at Spider-Man's rogue's gallery:

• Green Goblin and variants (e.g. Hobgoblin)
  • Venom and variants (e.g. Carnage)
  • Doctor Octopus
  • Electro
  • Kingpin (not science-based, but unavailable for the movies)
  • Kraven the Hunter (not science-based)
  • Lizard
  • Mysterio (tech-based)
  • Sandman
  • Scorpion (science and tech)
  • Vulture (tech)
I think that if you want to avoid the science-freak angle for a movie, the best bet would be Kraven. Kraven also has the advantage of being the main character in one of the most memorable stories, though that one relies heavily on there being an established history between the two.

I would see it. With or without Dunst as Mary Jane.

As for a villian....

I like the idea of Kraven with Vermin with Spidey having been poisoned and without his spider sense. It would be more low tech and less expensive to do but could be done really well. Even use Lizard instead of Vermin. I could see Kraven wanting to test himself against him also.

Another story that would be neat but I doubt it will ever happen is the Juggernaut story. Course, he was already introduced in movies and greatly depowered so doubt that will happen.

Darth Shoju

First Post
I would see it. With or without Dunst as Mary Jane.

As for a villian....

I like the idea of Kraven with Vermin with Spidey having been poisoned and without his spider sense. It would be more low tech and less expensive to do but could be done really well. Even use Lizard instead of Vermin. I could see Kraven wanting to test himself against him also.

Another story that would be neat but I doubt it will ever happen is the Juggernaut story. Course, he was already introduced in movies and greatly depowered so doubt that will happen.

I like the idea of having Kraven hunt the Lizard. Then you can have Peter trying to save Dr. Conners from himself and Kraven. It could make for some really great moments.

Felon

First Post
Unfortunately we'll likely not see the Kingpin in any Spider-Man movies, on account of him being licensed out as part of the Daredevil package.
The license will expire one day, no worries on that account.

I like that about him. Spidey is young. He's just starting college in movie 2 and 3.
Maguire has the look, but his voice is terrible. He can pull off meek little man, he can't pull off fast-talking dynamic superhero.

DonTadow

First Post
I take it you aren't going to read any future Superman Comics anytime soon considering that there are now more Kyptonians on earth then fleas on Krypto the Super Dog.

Never been much of a supes comic fan. But i was referring to every villian being a mutation from exposure to krytonite. Just seemed lame after season 1.

Staffan

Legend
Juggernaut is more of an X-Men villain, what with being Xavier's step-brother and all.

Never been much of a supes comic fan. But i was referring to every villian being a mutation from exposure to krytonite. Just seemed lame after season 1.
They've gone away somewhat from that in later seasons. There are still meteor freaks popping up, but you also have genuine kryptonians, other aliens, and people gaining power from other sources.

Felon

First Post
Juggernaut is more of an X-Men villain, what with being Xavier's step-brother and all.
His battle with Spidey is a classic though--but mostly because it's a David-versus-Goliath story, with Juggy being way out of Spidey's weight class.

They've gone away somewhat from that in later seasons. There are still meteor freaks popping up, but you also have genuine kryptonians, other aliens, and people gaining power from other sources.
Well, in this season they don't even get into power sources. People just have powers. Smallville's definitely going out with a whimper rather than a bang.

Remove ads