[Spoilers] Cauldron-born, out of order

hirou

Explorer
Another round of ideas gathering, from yours truly. My party is really determined to enter the hill complex well before the banket and they have full right to do so. Regarding their assets:
  • they have 2 telepaths in the group, so they can freely communicate with Grappa (I ruled that geas still works, though, he can not think about Ob secrets, if he realizes that it's a secret); in addition, they have Ob veteran nethermancer in custody;
  • they captured and almost reverse-engineered Luc's lantern and have one more doze of 'refined witch oil' for speedy Bleak Gate travel (and random Mavisha oil as extra);
  • they have long ago discovered the 5 sigils in iron bridges across the Stanfield canal, and just recently completed 5 corresponding 'receiving' sigils (from memory interrogation of Ob bridge guard);
  • they have most epicly recovered the wand of transit from above-mentioned guard, with 13 more charges remaining; minister Lee is likely to dublicate it in a week at max;
  • Lorcan Kell is long dead, somewhat-hastily introduced new 'city guild leader' Hell The Smiling Tiefling (yes, from Kell to Hell, I was somewhat in a hurry to think up a new name; I used the smiling-tiefling-in-a-top-hat picture from Deluxe Players' Handouts) actually infiltrated the party as fey-pact warlock due to Caterine Romana connections and a bit of blood-forgery, with personal secret quest from Voice of Rot to vitness and report Ob secret project under the hill;
  • they have scouted the hill surface in Bleak Gate and discovered several vents (triggering some alarms, but surviving wanna-be-ambush)
To sum up, they have a limited way in and out of Bleak Gate, a ton of desire to kick some Ob asses and 2 more days to peace summit start. Yup, adv.5 isn't even started yet officially =) I don't have a problem with that and already inserted additional "end boss" to make up for the lack of Kell subplot (gidim-like entity from War of the Burning Sky times, which was sealed under the eastern part of the hill by Kelland and forgotten), but I'm very curious if I'm the only DM with such a hasty group. Have PCs ever released the colossus before the Danoran group arrival in other games? How did Sovereign and Lya reacted? I'd like to hear your stories if there are any.

EDIT: btw, IMHO the title of the adventure is too spoilery :D I changed it to "Sons of Flint", which allures to Ekossigan plot-line, Born and in addition sounds almost like "Dreams of Flint" in Russian

Last edited:

Remove ads