• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Spoilers] Veronica Mars - Now it's gettin' really good

John Crichton

First Post
Just a handful of eps left until we get to see who murdered Lilly. And I still don't have a solid handle on who did it. Fun!

It was really leaning towards Jake, but the parents have reason as well. Now, Weevil has floated back to the mix.

And did anyone else have their eyes pop wide open when Logan kissed her and she kissed him back with passion?

I really thought this TV season was going to reek. Instead we got Lost, Veronica Mars, Eyes and Battlestar Galactica. And those are just the genre shows. But I digress...

Let's get some chatter about the whodunit of the season, folks. :)

Mad Hatter

First Post
Exactly! And Veronica Mars has been picked up for another season. The writing has just been getting better and better. I only hope that more people start watching this show.

stevelabny

Explorer
tuesdays at 9 eastern upn. (presumably 8 central, but what do i know)

so lets SPECULATE

this means, i'm guessing. if you've read spoilers... go away :D

who killed Lily?

I've been rooting for Veronica's dad, but some clue wouldve come out at this point.
I think all 3 Kanes are too obvious, which leaves me looking at Veronica's mom and Logan's dad. and Alyson Hannigan in another lesbian swerve.

I'm leaning towards Aaron Echolls for no real reason.

Cthulhudrew

First Post
I second the Aaron Echolls notion. After this latest episode, it just seemed likely, though I don't know his motive (something to do with his son, perhaps?)

CrusaderX

First Post
Is the show still in it's first season?

I just got UPN a few weeks ago, and I'd love to start watching this from the beginning. Does anyone know if they'll rerun it from the beginning over the summer?

Rotogar

First Post
Wanna hear a real out there theory?

Maybe it was Abel Koontz?!? You know, the guy in jail having confessed for the crime.

Hear me out! We all know Koontz was mad as all get out at Jake Kane. We also know Koontz and Duncan have the same doctor (thus making it easy for Veronica to accidentally pick up some extra info. So what if it went down like this? Koontz has been looking for a way to hurt Jake Kane for years! Little over a year ago, he picks up two pieces of info. [1] He's dying. [2] Duncan Kane has his little medical condition. Using those two pieces of info, Koontz sneaks in and kills Lily, framing a very sick Duncan for it. Jake and Celeste have to opperate on the assumption Duncan did it. They've alread lost one child, they don't want to loose both. So they scramble. They cover the tracks. They totally lay down a guilty vibe. Then they hit upon a solution, pay Koontz to take the fall for what they think Duncan did. So now Koontz is sitting on death row, getting paid the money his thinks he deserves to take the blame for a crime he actually did! The irony!

And, of course, I am most likely wrong! I have had so much fun coming up with theories implicating Keith for the murder and just about every other character.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
John Crichton said:
I really thought this TV season was going to reek. Instead we got Lost, Veronica Mars, Eyes and Battlestar Galactica. And those are just the genre shows. But I digress...

I was with you, until you mentioned Eyes. That show is simply awful. Truly terrible writing of extremely cliche one dimensional characters. Thank goodness it's listed as being on the cancellation bubble.

Of course, I like my own share of new shows that others probably think even less of. Desperate Housewives, Medium, House, Joan of Arcadia, etc...

takyris

First Post
Everyone's got their own personal peeves. I sat through half the premiere of Joan of Arcadia before giving up in disgust. Medium looked interesting as I rolled through it, but it didn't grab me. I've heard House is good, but can't find it up here in the frozen north.

As far as Veronica Mars goes, my pet theory is that someone killed Lily by proxy -- deliberately triggering one of Duncan's mad rages in order to take her out. My own vote is for Mama Kane, as it has been from early on. I'm now skeptical of that because she's been raised as a suspect, and I know that in mysteries, it's considered bad form to have your killer actually turn out to be one of the people you suspected, but nevertheless. For me, the clincher was the episode with the Lily Kane tribute video. At the end of the video (the one Logan added the dance-night wackiness to), the crowd is cheering, and both Weevil and Jake Kane are in tears as they are reminded of who Lily really was. The one person not cheering and not crying is Mama Kane. She looks ticked.

Of course, it's been established that Mrs. Kane disliked and disapproved of Lily, so having her disapprove of that part of the video is reasonable without her being the killer. But that was what stuck with me. It can't be Jake Kane, simply because he was crying, and the same goes for Weevil. (I know that doesn't hold true in real life, but in the mysteries, it works for me.)

With Weevil and the pen, from the last episode, I figure that it's there a) as a red herring or b) so that Weevil can investigate on his own. He loved Lily, and if Veronica Mars, who has been right about so much, effectively tells him that Abel Koontz was framed, then Weevil has a strong motive to go out and try to find the real killer. And if Weevil was planning to kill whoever he thinks killed Lily, he wouldn't want to tell Veronica about it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads