• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Spreadsheet

Melatuis

Explorer
I have attached a Excel spreadsheet I did. Hope it is of help. I have not figured out the formula for advancing the saves as of now.

Attachments

• MONSTER CONVERSION WORKBOOK.xls
    160 KB · Views: 45

Nookie

Explorer
im haveing a hard time figuring out how to use this. though from initial glance this is close to what i was looking for.

Mortis

First Post
It's not available yet, but there's talk of a monster creation program in the following thread on the Piazza 3E forum.

Link

Regards
Mortis

Melatuis

Explorer
"That looks like what Nookie was after, and I'm thinking it could be handy for me too - if I can figure out how Excel works.
Cleon"

I will try explain how the sheet works.

On the Data Input sheet
NAME: Green box type name of monster

SEX: yellow drop down box choose sex

ALIGNMENT: Green box type monsters alignment

RACE: Green box type race (like Wood Elf, this is miss leading sorry)

RACIAL HD: Green box number race HD (Gnolls have 2)

RACE: yellow drop down box choose race (Humanoid, Monsters Humanoid, Ooze, this is miss leading again)

Light Blue Boxs: select the dark blue boxs of the race you chose, copy and paste them into the light blue boxs.

RED BOXs are auto, do not touch.

CLASS: yellow drop down, choose PC or NPC class

LEVEL: green box type in class lvl (1,or 8 ect.)

LIGHT BLUE boxs, paste dark blue boxs for class chosen

SIZE: paste dark blue boxs of size chosen into light blue boxs

ABILITIES: in green boxs but monster's base abilities (I inputed the elite aray, they can be changed)

ABILITIES, Racial Adjustments: green boxs, input racical adjustments (ie. half-orc, +2 STR, -2 INT, -2 CHA) do not put adjustments for size (ie: halfling, -2 STR, this will taken care of by SIZE seclection)

SKILLS: skill points alotted are at the bottom of the skills block under each HD or LVL, skill points are ajusted for Racial HD plus Int Modifier (under MONSTER RACIAL HIT DIE), and Class Skill Points are awarded by class LVL plus Int Modifier, x4 at first lvl.

Player Sheet
alto filles from Data Input Sheet

Only the GREEN Boxs need info, and at this time any adjustments they make need to hand edited. (Feats like Weapon Focus)

I then copy all the filled boxs to a word doc and convert table to text, using para.

Format Para (drop down), form mate Left with Hanging .1.

Then close up spaces by deleting

I hope this understandable.

Cleon

Legend
"That looks like what Nookie was after, and I'm thinking it could be handy for me too - if I can figure out how Excel works.
Cleon"

I will try explain how the sheet works.

Ah, I was hoping most of the adjustments would be automatic rather than having to copy so many fields over.

I'm not sure I could fill out this spreadsheet any faster than I could write a monster up by hand. Then again, I've been doing it for so long it goes quicker now...

Melatuis

Explorer
My problem is that my version of Excel will only alow 7 "=IF(" type referances per cell. There are 18 Monster types, and 9 sizes. If youn think I am using the wrong formula, I am will to take input. I am no Excel expert.

Would drop downs, instead of copy and pasting of info be better?

Do you think racial skills should be done as total skill points for the racial HD or put the points in per HD?

I am doing a new version, how many worksheets can your program handel? I know the Student version of Ecell only handels around three spreedsheets pre book.

thanks for your input

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads