Spring's D&D Release Will Be Ship-Themed

So they talked about it a little bit on today's Fireside Chat. They mentioned that the full reveal are coming at a later date, but it will be a ship based product. It's almost done, but cover and title are not yet finalized. Not much else was mentioned except some joke titles! Not too surprising, given the UA, the upcoming seafaring comic book, the ship mini set, etc.

So they talked about it a little bit on today's Fireside Chat. They mentioned that the full reveal are coming at a later date, but it will be a ship based product. It's almost done, but cover and title are not yet finalized.

Not much else was mentioned except some joke titles!

Not too surprising, given the UA, the upcoming seafaring comic book, the ship mini set, etc.

CydKnight

Explorer
Then you are playing D&D in a way that diverts significantly from much of the literature that inspired it. This is provable: Look at the original appendix N in the 1st edition DMG.

That's fine, you can play D&D any way you like.
Really? I'm playing it wrong? Because I'm not inspired by pirate themes in the game?

Really? I'm playing it wrong? Because I'm not inspired by pirate themes in the game?

You are not playing it wrong. But you are playing it differently, which means your attempt to make a general point falls flat.

You don't like pirates. I don't like orcs. So what?

Last edited by a moderator:

gyor

Legend
They discussed that here, May 17-19 is the next stream where the Summer/Fall products will be revealed. This sea product will be out by then.

Thanks. Hopefully we get the details on this pirate product (place holder, we don't know what it is, only that it has a nautical part) before May, maybe Feb or March for an announcement.

Al-Qadim, Kara-Tur and/or Maztica...?

Are we talking real cultures or are we talking about game cultures that have been ignored for a long time?

Real culture could mean Indian Subcontinent culture, Chinese Culture, South East, Pacific Islander culture (which could really fit into a ship and Sailing book).

Remove ads

Remove ads