• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

SPYCRAFT: Blood Money (Road to Binga)

Luddite

First Post
Luddite spends most of the journey sleeping in the back seat since he was up most the night poking around other computer systems.

-Luddite

Tokiwong

First Post
Kim is up and looking around from the passenger seat.... fascinated with the scenery...

"Nice and peaceful..."

Whistles... the sighs.

"That waitress was not that bad... too bad we caused a ruckus I could have had a really good night..."

Last edited:

Steel Ronin

First Post
<< Tokiwong: Hey Ronin you can use the Sub-Machinegun I requisitioned earlier in the serial.. it has the CBQ modifier and a +1 to attack I beleive>>

[OOC: Hey thanks!]

Before leaving, Ken takes another dose of the pills that will help him resist the TB. As usual, Ken says little during the trip.

[OOC: Perhaps we all better make it clear we took the pills ;) ]

Last edited:

Game Control

First Post
[Extracts from a travel guides]

BINGA

The Batonka people of the middle Zambezi came from Lake Malawi during the 15th and 16th centuries. They were isolated by the Zambezi escarpment and the rise and fall of occupying powers in the hinterland was hardly felt until the coming of the colonials and the Kariba dam. Binga was built as an administration centre for the re-settlement of the Batonka who were forced to relinquish their fertile valley lands. It sprawls over shore and hillside on Kariba’s western edge.

Accommodation ranges from budget self-catering stilted huts by the lake, to luxury private lodges. The former District Commissioner’s residence is now the Binga Rest Camp and it has a swimming pool heated by water from the nearby hot springs, a rain-making site in former times. Binga is the last supply centre and the end of the tar road, for trips to Chizarira National Park, ninety dusty kilometres away.

-------------------------

This is a place to unwind and relax and see and hear the grunts and calls of the wild. Enjoy a luxury cruise on one of the many houseboats available and sleep out on deck under starry skies. Or live it up in luxury accommodation or simply camp out and experience the African night. Excellent tiger and bream fishing spots - Milibzi fishing camp is 'just around' the corner. Use Binga as a base to tour places such as Chizarira National Park (one of the most remote & wildest parks in Zimbabwe), Milibizi, Hwange National Park, Victoria Falls or as a stopover enroute to/from Kariba via the fortnightly DDF ferry or the twice weekly Kariba/Milibizi/Kariba ferry.

Find more info here.

You will be lodged here.

---------------------------

The Foundation has taken the liberty of arranging a place for you to stay while you work undercover in Binga; the Goody Lodge. Seems like your employers have a senses of irony.

[OOC: You arrive around 1300. Plan your day. If you split again, one of the group should start another thread to keep things tidy.]

Last edited:

Luddite

First Post
[ OOC: I thought it was a 6 hour drive to Binga. And it was at least 11pm (2300 hours) when we were still talking and planing. Did I get my times mixed up. ]

First order of business would be to get a lay of the land. Maybe drive by the Barracks, if it could be done with little attention. Just a quick drive by to get a first impression.

Then myself, Kim and who ever else (at most four of us since that is one Jeep's worth) should head to Medecin Sans Frontière and present our credentials and establish our cover. Also meet with the good Doctor and see what information we can get from him.

Others could do a Recon of N'Gambe, and or see what can be found on the where abouts and movements of Balladur. See if he ever comes out of the Barracks and, if so, where.

-Luddite

Luddite

First Post
Looks around the Lodge that The Foundation rented.

Cozy little place. Though those curtins need to go. :)

Luddite pulls out his bug sweeper and begins scaning the room. (Surveillence +6, +2 for Bug Scanner Implant for total +8)

Egads, and that floral print on those chairs. My four year-old nephew and cat have better aestict acuuman. Just beacuse we are in the middle of Affica, is no need for tacky window treatments.

-Luddite

Last edited:

Game Control

First Post
OOC: You think The place is clean (Take 20; 28). Glad you like the decoration. :)

I believe you intend to split up again. You should all post in this thread, discuss things if you need to and then the first group that is ready to go starts a new thread while the others keep this one.

Last edited:

Kareem_Amirr

First Post
"For our recon of N'Gambe's HQ, we could pose as Red Cross Workers doing a medical inspection in exchange for free passage or whatever, given that that IS our cover."

Kareem flops down into one of the understuffed, tacky chairs and continues "We would have to pose as foreigners, given that NONE of us look native. Whatever our plan is, we need to take out Balladur and N'Gambe."

Luddite

First Post
After completing his sweep, Luddite changes his tone

Right, now to business.

Luddite checks his breifcase and papers, and takes one of the Knockout pens, the Document Scaner, and his laptop.

Are you ready, Padre? Time to head to Medecin Sans Frontière.

Luddite stowes his pistol in the Jeep.

-Luddite

Remove ads